Here at This Much I Know, we’re on the hunt for a brilliant BD Lead to join our CEO, Emily Sheffield and the #TMIK team. We are all about instigating conversation and directing positive action around the big issues of the day; a hyper engaged news community led by contributors millennials can relate to. We already operate on multiple platforms, and deliver a compelling value proposition for brands, helping businesses tap into the millennial activist audience.
As the BD lead of This Much I Know, you will be an evangelist for driving positive conversations and action, plus be a brilliant broker of partnerships, with enormous ambition to grow this business to an inspirational, revolutionary legacy media brand for future generations.
We are already closing our first substantial deals and 2020 is growing to be a vital year of fast growth for us. You need to be someone who sees opportunity not problems and has a sharp and obsessive eye on revenue. A natural marketer, you will love exploring, defining and closing large scale partnerships with customers and collaborators alike. As well as being responsible for sales and marketing to corporate customers and brand partners, plus working closely on our events and the content we produce alongside these with our partners, you will also be in charge of marketing TMIK to its consumer user base and helping us grow our user base through our media partnerships and events.
You will likely have experience working within traditional and/or digital media sales and will be familiar with the tools and techniques of digital marketing. We operate on multiple platforms and a knowledge of the influencer scene and new social media and opportunities there would also be beneficial. You’ll be at home in a fast-paced, technology-oriented environment and will have your own address book of contacts to bring to the table.
– You will be responsible for marketing This Much I Know to corporations and brands as well as its community of users, and for driving all revenue into the business. This includes:
– Brokering large-scale commercial and distribution partnerships, supercharging growth
– Identifying, validating, and prioritising customer segments
– Building out sales and marketing functions to scale revenue and user growth
– A proven track record of closing deals and bringing in revenue
– Digital media experience, preferably millennial and Gen Z facing, likely working with consumer-facing products
– Experience working with new technologies and digital products
– Significant experience in a leadership capacity
– Dealmaker: commercially-minded and able to conceptualise, design, negotiate and close brilliant deals with partners, customers and investors alike
– Marketer: Data-driven, creative and able to define and deliver a customer-centric marketing strategy (on and offline) while setting key performance indicators and targets
– Willing to adopt test-and-learn methodology to quickly inform decision making.
– Articulate: charismatic and knowledgeable, you articulate yourself clearly and persuasively
– Product-Minded: customer-oriented and able to inform product development processes with clear and actionable customer feedback
– Decision-maker: decisive in the face of limited information
– Firefighter: calm in the face of unexpected challenges; quick to create, communicate and execute responses
– Wearer of Many Hats: you do what it takes to get stuff done
Salary is £30K base with 10% commission
Opportunity to enter the option pool after probation
Annual target of £250K with ramp up period – we’ve already gained substantial revenue driving partnerships with Vestiaire Collective, OXFAM, Riley Studio, EDITION LONDON, OLIO and many more.
We are focusing on media partnerships with brands that are focusing on sustainability – be that fashion or food brands – helping make positive change in the world, or positive environmental changes to their businesses. This is a huge growth market. $30.7 trillion is the amount invested in sustainable assets in five major markets in 2018, up 34 per cent in two years.