Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple, so that sending money is as easy as sending a text message Tap the WorldRemit app or head to on our website, and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard part, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown – on average – by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3.1bn of remittances on an annualised basis. WorldRemit’s success, and the size of the market it is operating in, means it has attracted investment from the world’s leading technology and impact investors, Accel, Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) and Leapfrog with $370m invested to date. We currently employ close to 1,000 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers. Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
· Aim high – We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
· Embrace challenge – We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
· Do what’s right – We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers
About the Role
WorldRemit is a rapidly growing Fintech that helps connect the world through access to simple, secure and affordable financial services. Since we got started, we’ve built a loyal customer base in developing countries and among migrants working in developed countries and sending money back home. We’re continually improving the way people send money, but we want to do so much more! Join us in a senior product role at WorldRemit to be part of the story.
A Head of Product at WorldRemit is the leader and expert for a large focus area. Depending on the focus area, a Head of Product might involve managing Product Managers and co-ordinating their roadmaps to all work in harmony towards your strategy. For newer, more ambiguous areas you’ll work in a more hands-on way to help build and define the area then grow it.
As a Head of Product you will create and refine the vision and strategy for your tribe.
● You’ll manage the strategy for your focus area and ensure that this strategy is aligned to wider company goals
● You’ll have a deep understanding of how the work of your area solves user needs and contributes to the P & L
● You’ll take a data-driven approach to decide what’s important and what’s achievable, then optimise your teams to deliver against this
● You will ensure the customer is at the heart of all our decisions; championing this throughout the organisation
● You’ll independently manage C-level stakeholders, representing your area and collaborating to understand the most pressing user problems to solve
● Through user research, blogs and speaking at events you’ll help build the WorldRemit product brand and be a thought leader in and outside the company
● You’ll make tough decisions on trade-offs and prioritisations – Heads of Product cover large and ambiguous areas (e.g. ‘Growth’, ‘Trust’, etc). To lead these strategies you’ll need to bring rigour to your decision-making process, knowing when to make short-term pivots or long-term investments
● You’ll have an advanced understanding of relevant technology and use this to inform your strategic decisions, while not letting your vision be circumscribed by what’s possible today!
You will be responsible for the Team Development within your tribe.
● You’ll develop a strong group of Product Managers to drive the most value from their teams. You’ll coach, mentor and manage these people to address their weaknesses and use their strengths.
● You will keep the team focused on the ‘what’ and ‘why’. You’ll be an advocate for pro-active product management, not reactive project management.
● Build and encourage strong relationships across the engineering product teams Where possible, you’ll coach and mentor to raise the bar for the rest of the product team.
You will need to be a master of execution to ensure we are delivering value.
● As an expert in product planning, you’ll work with your teams to shrink the gap from idea to go-live, while maintaining high quality of output.
● You’ll make sure everyone understands and pursues continuous and rapid testing and learning.
● You’ll run hands-on product management for one or more teams in your tribe when it’s required.
● You’ll be passionate about delivery and adding value. You’ll share this and instil commitment to timely delivery across all your partnerships in the business.
Summary of required experience & attributes
We’re looking for someone who can be hands-on and visionary.
● You don’t mind diving into the detail to properly understand a problem, but you can pull back and take in the wider context to help inform your decisions.
● You’ll have experience working in a high-volume e-commerce business. You’ll know the pain points that come with rapid growth.
● You have a track record of working at the highest standards of product: prioritisation, customer research and business understanding are baked into everything you do.
● You’ll be a people leader, with the necessary gravitas to lead. You’ll have a proven record of developing people and taking them to the next level.
● Innovative mindset – will have informed views on the latest techniques and technologies and the most effective ways of trialling and deploying them.
● Cultural fit – we are known for our low ego, non-hierarchical and collaborative culture.