JazzHR is looking for a Senior Product Manager who is a strategic thinker with the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality in a fast-paced, SaaS environment. Based on a thorough understanding of the market, you initiate, shape, and ship product ideas that achieve product-market fit and delight customers.
As a Senior Product Manager at JazzHR, you will wear many hats, blending a skillset of business, technical, data analysis, and user experience savvy.
Business: You understand the market, competitive landscape, and customer needs that drive product solutions and maximize business value.
- Technical: You understand our technical stack and act as a product owner in an Agile development environment.
- Data Analysis: You know how to obtain, analyze, and draw conclusions from quantitative and qualitative data.
- User Experience: You spend time in the market and with customers understanding their problems, gathering their insights on pre-released and released solutions, and championing their cause during the product development lifecycle.
You can analyze and communicate technical and business issues, lead discussions, and influence decisions.
You’re a keen problem solver and creative thinker who can conceptualize and articulate new product ideas to jumpstart the product design team.
You’re an excellent spoken and written communicator, and can serve as an internal product evangelist, working with marketing, sales, and customer success to help them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
The Senior Product Manager will:
- Manage product initiatives from initial idea to release
- Participate in product positioning, packaging, and pricing through on-going market and competitive analysis
- Meet directly with customers and internal teams to gain insights which inform product strategy and development
- Engage in product road mapping (features, schedules, deliverables)
- Take loosely formed product ideas and determine their business cases, requirements, and scope
- Define and validate MVPs and additional product iterations
- Collaborate with UX designers, engineers, and fellow product managers to design, build, and release product features.
- Work with these teams to minimize technical, business, and usability risk
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and customer success teams to foster understanding of product value and contribute to ongoing product improvements, new product introduction processes, and go-to-market strategy
- Understand complex tradeoffs involving features, technology, schedule, cost, pricing, packaging, and lifecycle management
- Collect and analyze existing usage data, split-test data, and business data to measure the results of product enhancements
- Lead status updates, project plan reviews, launch plan reviews, and project recap sessions with JazzHR’s CEO, other executives, and internal stakeholders
- Work with and impact all areas of the business
- Cultivate relationships and work extensively with external partners to develop white-label, co-branded, and integrated solutions
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or a related field; advanced degree a plus
- Experience developing SaaS products
- Familiarity with recruiting and HR markets a plus
- B2B *and* B2C product management experience a plus
Since 2009, JazzHR has raised the bar in the recruiting software industry, with many of our innovations becoming industry-standard. We’re the first company to put powerful, yet easy-to-use recruiting software in the hands of startups, growing companies, and even presidential campaigns.
As JazzHR, we’re now on a mission to reveal the elusive yet absolutely critical connection between recruiting and performance. We’re doing this by creating innovative tools that help companies uncover the hidden recipes for making transformative hires.
We believe that hiring managers have the most important job during the whole recruiting process (choosing whom to hire), yet they’re the most underserved user of recruiting software. There’s nothing in recruiting software that helps hiring managers make better hires. We’re dedicated to closing the loop that connects recruiting to performance so how a company recruits actually transforms how it performs.
We’re called JazzHR because we feel it’s a powerful metaphor for the challenges that employees face to perform in today’s modern work environment. It also represents the fact that our software breaks the rules of our industry. Jazz music doesn’t fit into a box. Jazz fans don’t fit in a box. Our company JazzHR certainly doesn’t fit in a box.
JazzHR has offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Waltham, MA. Our team has been the recipient of a series of prominent awards. Named an Inc. 5000 company in 2017 for the second consecutive year, JazzHR continues to be recognized for its accelerated growth and human capital management solutions. Along with being named 2017’s Best Human Capital – Talent Management Solution in the 32nd annual SIIA CODiE Awards, JazzHR was recently ranked the No. 1 most user-friendly Applicant Tracking Software by Capterra.
JazzHR is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.