JazzHR is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented product management professional to lead our next wave of product expansion as our Vice President of Product Management. The successful candidate will have deep experience in technology-based product management, with specific emphasis on Software as a Service (SaaS) B2B revenue models.
The Vice President of Product Management will define JazzHR’s product strategy and execution plan to deliver solutions that delight customers and drive market share.
The VP of Product Management must have a range of skills to deliver results on a strategic and tactical level. A metrics-driven, pragmatic mindset toward product management; combined with a hands-on approach, a natural ability to lead, and strong communication skills are key strengths of the ideal candidate. The successful candidate will have a competitive desire to win, strong organizational skills, and a results-oriented mindset.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving as an active member of JazzHR’s executive management team, and a leader of the company
- Leading and managing JazzHR product team
- Defining, executing, and communicating JazzHR product strategy to support company strategic growth objectives
- Owning quantitative and qualitative product performance
- Ensuring the team provides detailed, actionable product requirements through our structured Product Requirements Documentation process
- Optimizing JazzHR’s product management process methodology
- Leading product roadmap definition and prioritization process
- Owning product UX & UI
- Making decisions with a deep customer-first mindset
- Working closely with the Engineering team to ensure products meet requirements
- Collaborating with JazzHR’s Marketing team to define product requirements, ensure effective product messaging, adherence to branding and launch planning
- Identifying strategic, tactical, and process barriers to success and course-correcting as necessary to achieve objectives
- Becoming a JazzHR evangelist to internal and external stakeholders including customers, employees, press, strategic partners, and analysts
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience working in a product management role, 3 in a leadership capacity
- Natural curiosity
- Unabashed passion for delighting customers by exceeding their expectations with every interaction
- Experience building and launching products from ideation through launch and revision
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Metric-oriented mindset with extensive customer research and data analysis experience
- Strong ability to process and synthesize information
- UX/UI experience, bias towards “clean and simple / less is more”
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Ability to design and build products in a manner that will scale with high-velocity adoption rates
- Experience and knowledge in the Human Capital Management space (preferred)
- Experience in Software as a Service (SaaS) organizations (preferred)
- Ability to excel in a fast-moving, fluid, early-stage high growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant experience
- This key position is based in Pittsburgh, PA, and requires candidates to be able to work from our Pittsburgh office.
Since 2009, JazzHR has raised the bar in the recruiting software industry, with many of our innovations becoming industry-standard. We’re the first company to put powerful, yet easy-to-use recruiting software in the hands of startups, growing companies, and even presidential campaigns.
As JazzHR, we’re now on a mission to reveal the elusive yet absolutely critical connection between recruiting and performance. We’re doing this by creating innovative tools that help companies uncover the hidden recipes for making transformative hires.
We believe that hiring managers have the most important job during the whole recruiting process (choosing whom to hire), yet they’re the most underserved user of recruiting software. There’s nothing in recruiting software that helps hiring managers make better hires. We’re dedicated to closing the loop that connects recruiting to performance so how a company recruits actually transforms how it performs.
We’re called JazzHR because we feel it’s a powerful metaphor for the challenges that employees face to perform in today’s modern work environment. It also represents the fact that our software breaks the rules of our industry. Jazz music doesn’t fit into a box. Jazz fans don’t fit in a box. Our company JazzHR certainly doesn’t fit in a box.
JazzHR has offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Waltham, MA. Our team has been the recipient of a series of prominent awards. Named an Inc. 5000 company in 2017 for the second consecutive year, JazzHR continues to be recognized for its accelerated growth and human capital management solutions. Along with being named 2017’s Best Human Capital – Talent Management Solution in the 32nd annual SIIA CODiE Awards, JazzHR was recently ranked the No. 1 most user-friendly Applicant Tracking Software by Capterra.
JazzHR is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.