ChargedUp is an award-winning innovation using the sharing economy to revolutionise the way people charge their phones on the go. We have created a network of nearly 2,000 charging stations across the UK, with ambitions beyond simply adding more users.
We’re also backed by leading digital investors – Founders Factory (market-leading accelerator founded by Brent Hoberman of last minute.com and MADE.com), JamJar (Innocent Smoothies founders) and the Garage Soho (Sir John Hegarty and Tom Teichman). As well as having a partnership with O2, giving users free daily charge across the UK, we’ll be launching in Germany thanks to a partnership with Jägermeister. Our in-house tech team is revamping our apps, laying the foundation for a scalable user experience as we go global.
We are looking for a proficient and proactive Product Designer who has a keen interest in innovation. It’s an exciting time to get stuck in; we’re scaling our network quickly and need our tech to not just keep up but lead the way in unlocking opportunities.
- Using existing user research to create user stories and digging into the masses of insights we have to validate hypotheses
- Mock up low fidelity wireframes to sense-check information architecture and content management needs
- Collaborate with Scrum-ban tech team to deliver data-informed experiences — you enjoy digging into analytics and qualitative feedback from various sources
- Create high fidelity interactive Figma prototypes of mobile interactions from concept to completion, and iterations thereafter
- Produce polished digital assets aligned to our brand, including partnerships with recognisable organisations
This role’s remit may oscillate between championing the design direction of the ChargedUp app, through to adding a feature on the operational dashboard to reduce overhead, as well as contribute to digital marketing integration initiatives. This entails a wide variety of design disciplines, from producing online concepts to physical product prototyping and testing, as well as some print collateral to tie the experience together.
Need to have:
- Experience designing mobile apps, being laser focused on multi-user experience
- Working in a scaling start-up that is shifting from a growth to retention focus
- International product design experience, localisation and an understanding of how to build that into design
- A portfolio showing professional work examples, including design process