LawnStarter is the nation’s leading on-demand platform for lawn care, providing over 120 US markets with an easy, Uber-like lawn care experience. We’ve recently raised a substantial round of growth equity to become the digital one-stop-shop for all outdoor home services.
LawnStarter is looking for an incredibly talented product manager who can help us expand our service offering by owning from start to finish the build-out of new verticals such as fertilization, landscaping, pest control, etc.
You are a problem solver who can create a scalable solution that is practical and sensible. You set stretch goals for yourself while focusing on our users (customers, providers, sales, and support) needs. You are a self-starter that thrives when given a challenge. You are passionate about the user experience and do not mind going deep to get to the core of the problem. You build solutions that mitigate problems before they arise. You use objective and subjective data to make decisions and are willing to challenge the status quo. You can rally the team towards a long term vision while building solutions for the near term that can be tested and iterated upon. You are comfortable talking to users and incredibly focused on improving each part of the experience by that extra 1%.
What makes this role awesome
1 – Team
We believe the most significant part of any work environment is the team. That’s why we have spent a massive amount of time finding humble, hungry, and smart folks that you will get to work with every single day. That’s a huge part of the reason LawnStarter received the best places to work in 2018 award from the Austin-American Statesman.
2 – The Leverage
By 2021 we expect the products you will own to represent about 50% of our revenue. Nowhere else will you have the ability to have such a large impact on a business and more importantly the lives of tens of thousands of people. We have one of the most effective engineering teams you will find, so throughput of specs will not be an issue. We can move as fast as you can make great decisions.
3 – Startup Environment (Without the Early Stage Risk)
Our core team in Austin is small, around 25 people, and efficient. We are generating tens of millions of dollars in revenue per year enabling us to have a close-knit, agile, and fun environment that make startups so alluring with the added benefit of stability.
* Talk to different types of users to identify problems and opportunities
* Create detailed specifications for features ensuring a smooth hand-off to the engineering team
* Unblock engineering whenever there are product related questions
* Rally the team(s) towards a vision and build a roadmap that maps into the vision
* Prioritize features based on a combination of business needs, user needs, and engineering velocity
* Identify KPIs for each feature set and monitor them through the product lifecycle
* Work with the UI/UX team to come up with flows and designs for the features
* Communicate strategically to ensure that relevant teams are timely made aware of the upcoming changes and future plans
* 3+ years of software product management experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working in an Agile development environment
* Experience taking abstract ideas and feedback and converting them into sensible, practical solutions
* Based in the US
* Able/willing to work onsite in Austin
Preferred Experience (but not required)
* Experience working on multi-sided marketplaces
* Familiarity with MySQL
* Familiarity with APIs
* Experience with iOS/Android Apps
* Experience working with remote teams
* Unlimited Vacation Policy
* Lunch provided twice a week
* Generous Maternity/Paternity leave