Job Title: Product Owner
Location: Birmingham City Centre, United Kingdom
Salary: £45,000 – £60,000
Reporting to the Solutions Product Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of a new complex and responsive portal across web and mobile platforms.
You will need to have strong experience in an Agile development environment and domain expertise. We are looking for an individual that has prior experience understanding requirements and working closely with the wider development teams to oversee delivery.
You will need to demonstrate good written communication and be comfortable building relationships at all levels within the business and across different functions/divisions.
- Describe, prioritise and communicate the key product requirements, ensuring any change is aligned to product roadmaps
- Devise and write customer-centric items (user stories, story-mapping) and prioritise/ manage these
- Establish a vision for product delivery, informing and engaging stakeholders and peers throughout delivery and implementation
- Develop business cases for product enhancement/ continuous improvement
- Run product planning and review meetings and take part in daily scrums
What we need from you
You will work in a growing team alongside, analysts, developers, and solutions architects as well as our test and service desk teams developing and supporting a growing number of secure web-based portals, enabling the submission of on-line applications and the spatial enablement of data meeting a breadth of business requirements so you must have the below skills/experience:
- Substantial experience in a Product Owner role with full product lifecycle responsibility
- In-depth understanding of the Agile (Scrum) methodology with a strong technical understanding of product development
- Detailed experience of devising/ writing user stories and managing the full product roadmap, features and backlog
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers, UI/ UX, development/ testing teams and internal/ external stakeholders
- CSPO certification would be ideal
We are looking for someone who will bring ideas, who can take initiative and influence decision making. The position will be sitting within a rapidly expanding team and will allow you to take ownership of the full project lifecycle and have a say on our direction and approach. You will act as a champion for user-centred design and work collaboratively across all development and testing teams in the business and with external suppliers.
Who are we?
TerraQuest is an established provider of Land Referencing, Development Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Data & Document Management and fully outsourced Business Process solutions to both the Public and Private sector, spanning nearly 50 years.
We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Mears Group PLC. Working together we invest in innovation, securing long term outcomes rather than short term solutions, and build on outstanding partnerships with our clients.
What’s in for you?
- Competitive salary – £45,000 – £60,000 DOE
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards – discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Flexible hours and work from home when needed
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- High-end working environment in Birmingham City Centre – Great Views over the city!
- Use and access to the latest technology
- Opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in working on some of the UK’s major infrastructure projects
For further information please email Jake Talbot on Jake.Talbot@mearsgroup.co.uk, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.