We are looking for a young and talented product manager to help us own, build and extend the e-commerce capabilities offered for eZ Platform, our digital experience platform (DXP). The position will be based in Oslo, Norway.
Our Commerce functionalities are an integral part of our product, eZ Platform, being build on top of our core content management framework.
This role is an integral part of eZ’s Product team. The main responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with the rest of the Product team to articulate the vision and value proposition for our e-Commerce capabilities.
- Research and discover in detail how this vision can be distilled into clear features solving real problems for our customers and delivering value.
- Work closely with Customer Success, Support and Consulting services, Engineering and our customers and partners to capture new ideas and refine existing ideas and opportunities for features and build the feature backlog.
- Formalize and communicate this backlog and the roadmap using our internal tools (we use productboard.com)
- Own the prioritization process of the feature backlog, rallying all stakeholders around the prioritization and making sure they all have their ownership into it.
- Balance priorities of new features with technical features and sanity of the platform in good collaboration with lead engineers.
- Make sure this backlog is well understood by Engineering, QA and Documentation teams.
- Guide Engineering throughout the development and release, being a product owner in the “SCRUM” sense.
- Define metrics and KPI’s to use to measure the success of the e-Commerce solution.
- Be the voice of the product internally and externally.
- Support Product Marketing into defining product messaging and expressing the value of our product in our product marketing and communication effort.
- Contribute to the content marketing effort of eZ with content that can be reused in the various digital channels of eZ (blog, corporate websites, slide share presentations, webinars, conferences, etc.)
- Keep up with our competitor’s progress and build and share knowledge on what they are providing to the market.
- Keep up with current trends and provide thought leadership around personalization, analytics, and optimization of digital experiences.
- You are a hands-on product manager that can discuss technology and implementation.
- You should not be scared of discussing with our engineers the design of our latest REST API or debating our software architecture or the scalability of our service.
- You have a knack for e-Commerce, understanding and staying on top of the discipline.
- You have experience and knowledge of agile methodologies and are not dogmatic about them.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity.
- You have some experience with Web optimization technology such as recommender systems, a/b testing systems, web analytics or others.
To put it bluntly, it’s about getting things done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead, we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome. We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers and partners. We have high expectations and a career at eZ Systems means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Package and Opportunity:
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, friendly atmosphere.
This is a very collaborative work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
Take over the challenge to work within an international, innovative and open-minded environment with flat hierarchies and dynamical colleagues.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your completed application in English with information on your starting date and your salary expectations via email to our VP Human Resources.