We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and self-starting senior Product Manager with proven experience of owning and driving mobile product definition and development.
We are an early stage company based in the Old Street/Shoreditch area of London, strongly backed by some of the most prestigious VC’s in the technology market and founded and led by some of the best people in the industry.
This is a rare opportunity to join an early stage company with strong traction and backing and to be an important part of the team that will take the company to the next level of growth.
Summary of the role
As the Product Manager you will define and build the mobile and web apps for Depop. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on the overall strategy and vision. You will also take care of the integration of external services into the product, from payment solutions to shipping services. You will work closely with engineering, design, operations, and the management team to bring products to market and develop and grow Depop as a business.
– Own and define the product roadmap.
– Determine the product requirements through workshops and user engagement
– Work with the UX/UI team and marketing and to define and refine the product to become the M-Commerce platform for millions of users.
– Communicate ideas effectively through basic mockups and wireframes.
– Ensure everything that goes out to our users is of the highest quality.
– Work closely with technical team lead to determine feasibility and wins.
– Define the key performance indicators, set up real time reporting, and constantly monitor and analyse performance to ensure we are making improvements.
– Own and improve our conversion rate and revenue per user
– Delight our users by producing outstanding features, design and tools that answer questions before they are asked.
– A great conceptual thinker with searing insight and problem solving skills.
– Highly collaborative, a true pragmatist and diplomat.
– You eat user stories for breakfast and just love a good list.
– A keen eye for detail and an impatience for the imperfect.
– Fresh and positive outlook on life.
– Good amount of experience a product management or similar role.
– Experience across both mobile apps and web apps.
– Startup experience, be it yours or one you worked at is a major plus.
– E-commerce or marketplace experience is a major pluss
– Deep understanding of agile product development process
– Deep understanding of engineering principles and available technologies
– Deep understanding of usability
– Excellent communication skills.
– Know what it truly means to own and care about your product
– A strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and prototyping and design tools.
Depop is an exciting new mobile marketplace where you get your own little shop in people’s pocket. We have a much-loved mobile app where users can sell things by simply taking a picture, as well as follow their friends and buy unique things.
Depop has already been received with great enthusiasm in our test regions and it is now beginning to expand into the global market, following recent rounds of funding from tier-1 VC’s.
The founder Simon Beckerman previously founded two successful companies in the media and fashion business and the management team includes people with lots of experience and success in internet and mobile.
If you want to be part of our amazing team, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to meet you.