Head of Product Design
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 1000 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy and if you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We would love to talk to you!
Our Product team is tripling in size and we are looking for an experienced, passionate and empathetic leader to help us continue to build our design team and strategy, a person who is used to operating in a highly visible and business critical role, and someone who actively listens, works well as part of a team and has a passion to positively impact customers lives.
What would you do?
This is a leadership role with responsibility for all Product Design at WorldRemit supported by and reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer.
You will manage a team of resilient, highly autonomous and purpose driven Product Designers who look to you for guidance, direction and support and will help you:
● Collaborate with various other teams and departments, especially with Research, to formulate an overall design vision and identify areas of improvement for our business and customers.
● Define and drive the Product Design strategy that integrates with, and informs, the broader Product strategy.
● Engage regularly with Senior Leadership where you will effectively represent design, your team’s objectives, learnings, progress and celebrate their achievements.
● Effectively manage, provide progression frameworks and opportunities to engage and retain your team of designers.
● Continue to hire to build a diverse and inclusive world-class product design team, with strong vision on how to scale the team effectively.
● Play a critical role in continuing to grow a healthy design culture.
Skills that we are looking for
● Considerable experience leading, managing, scaling design teams and design strategy
● Experience in building a design library, both front end and tech implementation
● Technical awareness
● Skilled at giving actionable, constructive feedback which enables people to do the best work possible.
● Collaborative and happy to work with various departments across the business, such as engineering, marketing, pricing and commercial to provide unique insight and perspective to the design process.
● Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
● Private medical and dental care plans.
● No formal dress code
● 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
● Free breakfast and fruit every day
● Life assurance of 3 times your salary
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers.
Something really important
We are proud of the efforts we have put in to build a diverse and inclusive product design team and it is essential we continue this. We want to ensure we are designing experiences that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
If the role sounds like a good fit and you’re interested in making a genuine impact on people’s lives, don’t hesitate to apply! We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.