Any physical product can be more intelligent, more interactive, more trackable and more valuable by being connected to the Internet of Things (IoT). By 2020, nearly 1 trillion consumer products per year will have some form of smart digital capabilities, and EVRYTHNG is the leading IOT smart products platform that manufacturers are using to make this happen.
Founded in 2011, our mission is to transform the relationships between manufacturers and consumers, by bringing a brand new intelligence to everything that we physically own, driving consumer trust and minimising all risk.
We’re already shaking up an industry and we’re looking for innovators, leaders and go-getters to join us in achieving our audacious goals. With offices in London, Lausanne, New York and Minsk, it couldn’t be a better time to join the team and play your part in delivering the digital future.
About the role:
We are looking for a lead product designer with a passion for complex UX, user research and visual UI design, to help us take our platform to the next level. You will be the Lead UX Designer in our Product team and, as well as getting stuck in with product design, you will own the continuing development of our UX capabilities and processes.
The unique Evrythng platform allows our customers to digitally enable their physical products and then track and trace those products all the way through to their consumers’ hands. We need a talented UX lead and design thinker to help make sense of these complex interactions – especially given the scale of the customers we work with.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading design through all elements of the product life-cycle from conception, planning, design, development, release and feedback
- Defining EVRYTHNG’s design processes, including identifying the appropriate ways to engage our enterprise users in discovery user research and concept/UX testing sessions
- Leading customer and stakeholder workshops to uncover requirements, explore complex problems and define possible solutions
- Creating useful, usable and elegant designs for complex web and mobile applications
- Creating wireframes, interactive and visual mockups using just-enough user research to analyse needs and create designs
- Developing clean and clear UI execution, using our design system based around Material UI components.
- Educating the wider team on the importance of design thinking and user-centred design
- Continuing to build and extend our design system (based on Material UI)
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of working at lead level, planning and managing complex design projects and managing stakeholders
- The focus of this role is primarily UX/interaction design; we are looking for someone with strong analysis skills who can design for complex interactions in B2B SaaS systems
- Ability to work through to clean and clear UI execution, using our design system based around Material UI components, but do not need advanced visual design skills
- Substantial experience running both discovery user research and UX testing
- Confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders and enterprise users
- Experience working closely with engineers using Agile practices – including remote development teams
- Responsive web and mobile app design experience (iOS & Android – Mobile & Tablet)
- Proficient use of Sketch & Invision and confident sketching skills to help visualise product ideas
- Our team is currently small, so we are seeking someone who is able and willing to work hands-on, but who has the potential to build and lead the team further
What’s in it for you:
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a fast-moving, start-up culture with an incredibly talented team.
- Ideal for a seasoned product designer who wants to take real ownership of an emerging function and drive both its development and strategy.
- If you want autonomy and to help shape our UX culture, then apply today.
What you’ll receive (benefits):
- 25 days holiday plus additional bank holidays off
Private health and dental care
- An opportunity to work and add value in a company where our people come first
- A cool, central office with typical start up essentials (free lunches on Wednesday, free fruit, snacks and unlimited hot drinks)
- Annual social events
- Private pension contributions up to 4%
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status