Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
You will do meaningful product design work at a fast-growing and highly admired product-driven company that’s driving real change in the industry.
Each product designer at Intercom works in a team with a product manager, 3-5 engineers, researcher and analyst. Together they drive their own a part of Intercom, ship solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from customers.
We’ve had designers in key leadership roles, including at the exec level, from the very beginning. This has made design a core foundation of our company’s DNA. This means that you’ll never have to justify the importance of design.
We genuinely care about people and value kindness in our everyday interactions. You’ll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow no matter how experienced you are.
If you want to learn more about what it’s like to work here, check out intercom.design, read what makes us different, and watch a keynote from our CEO talking about our mission, vision and the next chapter of Intercom.
What will you be doing? 🚀
- Get great design work shipped quickly
- Work end to end: translating customer problems into high-level solutions, designing workflows, detailed interactions, and visual designs
- State clear problems based on research and data, align the team on them
- Explore concepts and narrow to the best solution
- Create simple, elegant solutions to complex interaction problems
- Iterate based on research findings and feedback from your team
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship solutions
What experience and skills do you need? 📖
- Experience designing digital products, not just websites
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed interaction and visual design
- The ability to design systems, not just interface elements or pages
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Figma, Sketch, etc.
- The ability to create detailed prototypes using any tool like Framer, Principle, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with others
- A growth mindset. Desire to make things better. A healthy balance of humility and confidence
We’re looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals and landing pages.
What about relocation? 🇮🇪
- The role is based in Dublin, Ireland, which is our first and largest office. Most of our product teams and leaders are located here, so you’ll be able to collaborate with them closely.
- If you’re not living in Ireland, we’ll offer generous relocation assistance for you, your family, and your pets. Most of our designers have relocated here and have come from all over the world.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.