About Neto ecommerce Solutions
Neto is an Australian born and based end-to-end SaaS solution. Over 2,500 Retailers and Wholesalers use our retail management platform to manage their ecommerce, point of sale, inventory and fulfilment. Cumulatively, our customers have turned over more than $2 billion through our service.
Since launching, we have fast become a major player in the SME ecommerce platform space, winning the NORA best ecommerce platform award in 2018.
Find out more about what we do and the customers we work with at www.netohq.com
Product managers at Neto wear many hats. First and foremost, you are a member of a cross-functional product development team—a team which you will work to support in a number of ways with your experience with business, retail and technology.
Product managers are responsible for ensuring:
- Their team is rallied behind a unified vision and each member thoroughly understands the impact this vision has on the team, Neto, Neto’s customers and our industry.
- The product(s) they represent have clearly-defined value propositions which are thoroughly understood by each member of their team as well as all internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiatives are properly scrutinised and considered before they commence and the appropriate documentation (e.g., an initiative brief) has been completed.
- Customer engagement (e.g., customer interviews, site visits) within their team is frequent and productive. Customer needs are considered and form the basis of decision making within the team.
- Upcoming work and progress on work is shared frequently and clearly with the wider organisation, particularly key stakeholders.
- Data is intelligently and transparently consulted to aid decision making wherever possible.
- Features and products are released with minimal friction.
- The business (e.g., sales, marketing, customer support) has an understanding of their product and its features and is capable to support and sell it.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build, measure & learn to make complex easy.
- Help your team to define problem-centric initiatives, user stories and tasks, aligned to the vision, values and measures to which your team is aligned.
- Define success and failure measures, and ensure every completed task and initiative is measured and assessed by these criteria.
- Document and share learnings with your team and the wider business.
- Demonstrate and reflect on value delivered, or undelivered.
- Encourage your team to embrace complexity and our mission to make things easy, not simple.
- Encourage a culture of learning and sharing. Every initiative or task is an experiment to be validated.
- Bring value to the market
Your team is accountable for the adoption and utilisation of the products and features you develop. The buck stops with you, so you need to:
- Ensure the wider business understands how your product works, who it’s intended for and the benefits it delivers. Work with our capability team, and personally involve yourself in efforts to demonstrate and expose what you are building.
- Provide Marketing and Sales with the information they require to execute launch campaigns and ongoing marketing/sales efforts.
- Test solutions with customers and prospects.
- Accurately measure the adoption of your product and make sure other teams, such as Marketing and Sales, are keeping track of the right information throughout the onboarding pipeline.
- Practice radical transparency with your Marketing & Sales colleagues, especially when it comes to data and other information you may have special access to as a result of your technical competency.
- Co-ordinate releases.
- Communication and visualisation
- Clearly and regularly communicating development milestones, key decisions and customer insights, to stakeholders.
- Experimenting with and finding effective ways to visualise and disseminate information.
- Keep your team in the loop. We work hard to give our teams as much autonomy as possible, but sometimes priorities will change for reasons outside of their control. You need to ensure they don’t feel caught off guard.
- You are the face of your product(s) and will be required to regularly represent your product(s) to various audiences including your team, the wider business, partners, customers, prospects and industry peers.
- You must bridge the gap between your team and the customer:
- Engage with those who speak more regularly with customers (e.g., customer success, support, sales).
- Cut out the middleman. Go see your customers in person and contact them over the phone.
- Find quantitative ways to engage. Interviews and surveys are great, but also consider how you can analyse the data we have (e.g., support tickets, ideas, phone calls, bug submissions) to meet the market.
- High level of proficiency analysing data with spreadsheets and/or other database software.
- Strong financial understanding—you should be able to forecast product adoption, model pricing for new and existing products, keep track of, and optimise, expenses and measure return on investment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Your relationships with both internal and external stakeholders are vital to the success of your team.
- Customer service skills.
- Understanding of and experience with Agile software development and it’s associated methodologies including Lean.
- Writing is important. You should be able to clearly and concisely communicate in written form.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Intermediate technical understanding.
- Excellent understanding of the global eCommerce Industry
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent collaboration, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to guide or mentor junior staff
- Positive with a collaborative attitude and the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Well organised with a flair for self-management and prioritising tasks
What benefits can we offer you?
We have a collaborative and energetic environment with diverse, aligned people who are REALLY great at what they do.
We have fun working together day-to-day and during events, enjoying:
- Flexibility to your working day
- Paid Study leave
- An active social club with regular events
- A free Neto store to live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Free access to Telstra’s EAP
- Access to discounted health insurance with an affiliated provider
- Tournaments in our games room (Pool, Table Tennis etc)
- On-site gym at a subsidised cost
- Espresso and beer on tap
We are looking for energetic talents who are passionate and have the desire to succeed. If you are a high achiever who is willing to learn and grow with us, come and join our team!
Ph: +61 7 3067 7480