Elsewhen is a London based studio designing digital products & services. Working with global companies across a number of regions, we design new customer experiences that solve business and consumer problems. Elsewhen brings a deep understanding of the product lifecycle, coupled with experience in integrating startup methodologies into corporate business.
Our culture is a balance between autonomy and collaboration, insight and intuition, work and life. We’re ambitious and hard working but we make sure to get home on time. We have two dogs. And we think you’ll like working here.
Come join the team — https://www.elsewhen.com
Things you will be doing:
Our Financial Services practice is growing. We are building banks, transforming financial institutions and helping clients win in a world where ‘good’ is not good enough. As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead a growing cross-functional team which is helping one of our clients to build a new challenger bank. You will:
- Lead a team of engineers, designers and testers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Facilitate workshops and collaborate with senior stakeholders to solve complex problems in a regulated environment.
- Develop the product roadmap and maintain a groomed backlog.
- Supported by the Elsewhen team, you’ll take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- 6+ years experience in product management, ideally within the Financial Services / Fintech sector.
- Experience working in an incumbent FI is relevant, but additional experience in a startup, big tech or top digital consultancy is essential.
- Substantial experience prioritising, executing and delivering according to a product roadmap.
- Engineering experience is not essential, but exposure and familiarity with a modern tech stack is.
- Deep understanding of Agile principles, to help you educate and co-create with our clients who may come from traditional FS backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with senior stakeholders
Skills at both presenting your team’s work, and facilitating workshops to solve any problems that come up.
- Ability to understand complex technical challenges and support the team in making the right decisions.
- Comfortable working in large, cross-functional teams.
- Can produce high-quality market scans, competitor analyses and other reports as they are required.
- Solid understanding of the current fintech and challenger bank ecosystem.
- A “self-starter” – willing to own all aspects of the product and the team.
- An exacting attention to detail, picking up on the details that others miss.
- Outstanding written and communication skills.
Bonus points if you have:
- Fluency in JIRA / Confluence.
- Experience in Payments.
- Experience with neo banks.
- Experience with modern FS SaaS providers.
- Great eye for design.
- Coding experience.
- Demonstrable passion for working on problems in the FS space.