With over 40 million sessions every month and a portfolio of apps for Web, Mobile, iOS and Android, idealo internet is one of the top 5 e-commerce sites in Germany and one of the leading e-commerce portals in Germany and Europe.
We are currently looking for an experienced Product Owner to work in our Consumer Products department, who can play a key role in developing our products further.
If you wish to be a part of this success story, the following tasks await you:
•As a Senior Product Owner you will be part of the Consumer Products department where you will be responsible for the continued development of both the idealo website and the idealo apps.
• Alongside the development of new features, you will also design product strategies and oversee their implementation from the initial concept to the final launch.
• You will act as the link between stakeholders, UX experts and user research experts with the clear aim of creating and launching the right product as quickly as possible.
• The role of Product Owner means you will work in a development team within the framework of an Agile software development methodology.
• You should be aware of the latest online trends and use these to form your own ideas and strategies.
• Your work will be data-driven: Everything that you develop should be tested and analysed.
• You value all of our users and will take into account their feedback as part of the product development.
• You will ensure idealo remains a popular and likeable product.
In order for you to accomplish these tasks, we require the following skills from you:
• At least 5 years experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager working with Agile methods and extensive project experience, ideally with B2C products.
• You love the internet and are familiar with all of the associated benefits and possibilities on every device. You wish to help users enjoy a more comfortable life with the help of our product.
• Your motto is: “Getting things done – fast”
• You possess a high degree of technical understanding as well as an intuitive sense for what can be achieved on a technical level.
• You are empathetic towards our users and whilst working in cross-functional teams and in collaboration with your stakeholders.
• You know how to prioritise and can distinguish between situations where attention to detail is required and situations where the main focus should be the “bigger picture”.
• You possess a solid command of the German language.
• You demonstrate a high degree of self-initiative and are capable of working independently and responsibly. You’re not afraid to make changes and learn from mistakes.
• You are well acquainted with tools such as MS Office, Jira, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.
idealo can offer you:
• A pleasant learning environment: Openness and an efficient decision-making process are a given at idealo. A welcoming team, an idealo-buddy for the first months and a thorough training process are afforded to all new recruits.
• Lifelong learning: At idealo you have the opportunity to continuously learn new things and develop yourself: Our training courses, covering everything from Excel to Splunk, are tailored to your needs and interests.
• Flexitime: For a healthy work-life balance
• A complimentary breakfast: Organic, locally sourced breakfast, together with fresh fruit and vegetables ensure a healthy start to the day
• A family-friendly organisation: Support is offered for juggling work and family through an emergency childcare service.
• An office in central Berlin: Work in an historic factory loft in the trendy Kreuzberg district of the city.
Has this position piqued your interest? Do you wish to become an idealo? Then we would look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your full application (covering letter, CV, references) along with your salary expectation and earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org.