AR and VR devices will eventually replace mobile phones and forward thinking companies are already experimenting with and using AR and VR with devices that already exist to solve lots of really interesting problems.
Blend Media is on a mission to make immersive content ubiquitous through easy access to content and creators, and connecting all parts of the ecosystem who will make it happen.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re a small startup, so you will have a massive impact on the usability and success of our marketplace and product. You will get to apply user-centred design principles and lean startup approaches to grow an MVP product into a world leading service and company.
You will be responsible for UX/UI design and working very closely with our product manager and engineers on product discovery. Testing prototypes to get feedback direct from customers in order to discover and implement a great product that helps us grow.
We genuinely care about people and value kindness in our everyday interactions. You’ll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow no matter how experienced you are.
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative start-up building a new services marketplace that connects creative and technology professionals and works to help people imagine and create the worlds best AR, VR and 3D content.
What will you be doing?
- Product Discovery: We are fans of Marty Cagen and empowered product teams working to solve problems for our customers in a way that works for the business.
- Empathize with our users, define their needs and problems, create ideas for innovative solutions, prototype and test solutions. i.e. Design Thinking and User Centred Design.
- Work end to end: translating customer problems into high-level solutions, designing workflows, detailed interactions and visual designs.
- Oversee the user experience of Blend Media products from conception until launch and ongoing.
- Help define the high level product vision and strategy.
- Work closely with the engineering team to articulate your design vision and explain the reasoning behind design decisions.
- Produce sketches and prototypes of potential features to help understand the complexity or impact of a given idea.
- Produce UI/UX design assets required by the development team to implement the products and features.
- Design for social media and other marketing campaigns as required.
- Give and solicit feedback from the rest of the company in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
What experience and skills do you need?
- A PASSION for design and technology.
- Excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions).
- Deep knowledge and experience of UX and UI design.
Demonstrated experience applying the principiles of User Centered Design (UCD).
- Experience with Application Design, Visual Design, and Interaction Design.
- Experience in building and shipping web based digital products, not just websites.
- Creating interactive prototypes, organising and running user testing sessions and reporting on the results.
- An interest in AR and VR and the future.
- Excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with others.
- A growth mindset. Desire to make things better. A healthy balance of humility and confidence.
We’re looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals and landing pages.
Where is the job located?
We are a fully remote company. Most of us are based in London, but we don’t have an office and all work from home.
What benefits do you offer?
- Competitive salary and equity so that we all do well if the company is successful.
- Standard UK pension.
- 25 days holiday each year.
- Team bonuses if we hit our business goals and growth targets.
We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse. We do not discriminate based on anything ever.