About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans – all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes’ list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your role in our mission
You will be a core part of our Product team. You will have the opportunity to get involved in every area of the product design process, starting at the initial conception stage and working through the entire product lifecycle.
You will be expected to advocate for learning about our users and using this learning to improve our product decisions. You will work side-by-side with the Product Managers to ensure that the whole experience of the product delivers on the needs that our users have.
You will also work closely with Engineers to ensure that the ideas you have helped to develop are implemented in the way you hoped and if they are not possible, adapting your designs to deliver the value for the customer while still being achievable.
You will be part of a team of Designers that are eager to learn and grow and want to create amazing products. You will have the opportunity to not only deliver great work but also help to improve our overall design approach and strategy.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You have experience with both UX and UI design with a minimum of 3+ years in this field.
- You have worked with both websites and mobile applications and understand the different requirements for both environments.
- You have knowledge of HTML and can use this to make small specific adjustments to web pages.
- You are aware of various kinds of user research techniques and have been exposed to them, even if you have not performed the research yourself.
- You have worked on a variety of projects and can display versatility in delivering a wide range of different types of experiences.
- You have worked extensively with wireframing, prototyping, written specifications, user scenarios and interaction design.
- You believe in rapid prototyping, learning fast and instinctively want to talk to the user as soon as practically possible.
- You have good communication and presentation skills.
- You have performed different user research techniques, including guerilla testing, user interviews, online user testing etc, and you can clearly identify and understand when and why to use these different techniques.
- You are comfortable analysing data and spotting trends; you can see what is working, what is not working, and change your approach accordingly.
- You have experience working with Development teams in an agile environment.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Product and Research teams to create effective and delightful user experiences for our global audience.
- Translate customer insights and business requirements into conceptual ideas, interaction models, visual design and UI specifications.
- Create wireframes and prototypes for design exploration and user testing.
- Work with the other Designers to maintain consistency and coherence across the whole product.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com