Product Manager position
We’re a fast growing, tech-enabled, central London based growth business. We were founded with the simple aim to make discovering great jobs easier.
Today Movemeon is used by 40,000+ members, 3,000+ businesses (from the likes of Uber and Apple to early stage VC-backed startups) and in 100+ countries. ~200 candidates and ~15 businesses join the membership every week. We deliver them unique opportunities, insight and events through an exclusive members network.
We are also planning to expand fast into new geographies and new professional niches as well as exploring exciting new products like payspective.com. It’s all go!
We can take you through our vision when we meet you. Suffice to say, we are thinking big and need your help to execute.
The two founders, Nick Patterson and Richard Rosser set-up movemeon after their frustration with recruitment agencies. We are now a team of 17 and are highly international (French, Italian, Portuguese, German). We’re continuing to expand and expect a steady flow of new joiners this year. Our office is near Vauxhall (central London) in a complex also home to other growth businesses.
This is a hugely exciting time for Movemeon’s product, as we look to rebuild/ dramatically improve our UX over the next year. We’re doubling our technical resource, and are re-designing each module to further improve the process of candidates finding great jobs at start-ups, leading corporates, consultancies and PE. Central to this will be simple and intuitive UX, improve matching based on user behaviour and investigating the potential to harness AI.
We are looking for someone to take our product to the next level. It’s an opportunity to be hands-on and take as much responsibility as you can handle, managing our developers and participating in the creation of the product vision/ roadmap from day one.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding our users: speak to our customers and understand what they like, and what frustrates them. Use this intelligence, plus feedback collated from the team, to understand what we need to build as a priority.
- Managing the product roadmap: You’ll be working with our head of product to understand how the product can be optimized for each function (in addition to the user priorities). You’ll participate in the creation of the product roadmap, prioritizing the ongoing delivery of highest impact changes. You will also communicate progress against this roadmap to the broader team: putting you at the centre of the business
- Owning our email: You’ll be the owner of all the automatic emails that come from our site and will be in charge of their optimisation
- Running the sprint process: You’ll help the teams to develop great technical and design specifications for the developers to work towards. You’ll then lead a team of two back-end developers (offshore) to deliver against these specifications. You will have responsibility for improving the process/ managing the contract with the developers to ensure they are delivering to our standards
- Identifying high-impact UX changes: we want you to be consistently updating the look and feel of the site. You will be expected to regularly use the site as a “user” and see what frustrates you
- Measure and iterate: Measure the impact of the changes we make, and use the results to inform further product changes. We measure the impact of pretty much everything we do. So you’ll get to see (and analyse) plenty of interesting data that will show just how much your hard work is contributing to the growth of the business.
What the right candidate will bring to the table
We’re looking for someone with strong problem solving and logic, as well as analytics, are great for any product role.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Experience as a product manager (helpful but not a pre-requisite) or strong interest for tech and start-ups
- Evidence that you are a ‘do-er’ (yes, thinking is important but lots of stuff needs to get done). You’ll be proactive and demonstrate that you get stuck in, organize things and have probably always had holiday jobs / part time work etc.
- Super organized – we are growing fast which means things change regularly and can be chaotically busy. You’ll need to keep a clear head and religiously get through your to do list.
- Entrepreneurship in your DNA – you never fancied / tried but got frustrated with a corporate job.
- Desire to take on responsibility quickly. As MMO grows, we’ll want you to grow with us. So that means quickly stepping up to manage more aspects of the business and potentially more people too.
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree from a UK Russell Group (or international equivalent) university
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Fun team member (we have lots of it)
- Knowledge of PHP and HTML/ degree in computer science is a plus
So if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you (see details below).
About our offer
- Exciting business in a time of rapid growth
- Start-up environment and ethos (i.e. we don’t do face time and we don’t do anything that doesn’t need to be done)
- Respect for and encouragement of your own ideas and initiatives
- Real responsibility
- Fun, smart team of normal people
- A sensible work life balance (we leave the office by 6pm every day and don’t work weekends)
- Monthly team fun & annual away weeks (like last year’s trips to Montenegro and Barcelona)
- An office in central SW London (we’re based near Vauxhall tube)
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
- Competitive salary & quarterly bonus related to metrics you can track and control
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and also a short cover letter telling us exactly why you would be a good fit for the role. The subject of the email should be ‘Product manager” followed by your full name. Please specify your notice period (if any) and your salary expectations. We look forward to hearing from you.