Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest-growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech are at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country… and we’re only just getting started.
We want to be the UK’s most loved way to eat dinner. To do this, we need to step-change the way we let everyone know why they should choose Gousto and how we ensure our customers are given the best experience from the start.
As we grow and scale our e-commerce capability, we need to find more ways for people to experience and fall in love with our product whilst becoming more sophisticated with how we use and visualise data to make commercial decisions.
This is a key role within the Digital Product team. Digital Product is responsible for discovering and developing opportunities for new digital products and experiences which support our ambitious growth plan, and then getting them to market. Reporting to the Senior Product Manager – Growth Tribe Lead, you will be responsible for releasing commercial value for Gousto by ensuring that we acquire and retain the best customers whilst constantly being proactive in responding to change in a dynamic e-commerce environment.
You will work extensively with our growth marketing, acquisition, customer care and senior leadership teams in a truly cross-functional environment. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for leading a squad of product designers and engineers to deeply understand and prioritise the customer needs, business efficiencies and commercial outcomes.
You’ll drive digital direction and strategy for a major part of our digital capabilities. We are in the process of building a strong culture of autonomous goal-oriented teams, we are looking for great product people to build great experiences for our customers and to help build great product teams with Gousto.
This role involves working in an agile environment where you will also play the role of product owner, so you will be responsible for maintaining the product backlog, leading refinement and planning sessions, and defining priorities.
You will do;
- Build and develop a digital product strategy within our ‘Growth’ tribe, with long term vision and short term roadmap. The Growth Tribe is responsible for selling our core product through our e-commerce channels and maximising their box retention. We pride ourselves in offering the best customer care through our industry-leading digital contact centre.
- Use lean principles to drive product development with a team of world-class engineers, designers, digital marketers and analysts
- Provide leadership to the tribe in which the team operates, guiding discovery and delivery towards our shared outcomes
- Champion customer needs by generating qualitative and quantitative insights to inform what the squad prioritises
- Actively engage with Gousto’s commercial engine by being an active contributor to company-wide initiatives including but not limited to weekly trading meetings, daily acquisition and retention dashboards etc.
- Be embedded in a cross-functional team delivering value to the customer and keeping internal stakeholders aligned on direction
- Lead the ideation, development and launch of new features and capabilities. Assess existing features on an ongoing basis by tracking and learning from their performance.
- Integrate usability testing, research and market analysis into product ideation to enhance the customer experience
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
You will be;
- Highly commercially minded – understanding customer value, and driving commercial performance through providing that value to the top and bottom line
- Deeply customer-centric – understanding and using the power of qualitative research and user-centric design
- Intensely analytical – you use quantitative data at the heart of decision making, and you are familiar with AB testing principles. You use data to discover opportunities, identify issues and drive performance
- Highly collaborative – you excel at communication, bringing together people with diverse experiences, opinions and opportunities in order to drive decisions and action. You build deep relationships based on trust and respect
- Coaching mindset – you enjoy learning and sharing your learnings with others to help them improve
- Strong and extensive product management experience, particularly in B2C and/or e-commerce environments
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Experience working with product designers to build simple and intuitive user interfaces
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Agile product management experience
- Have a customer-centric approach to problems whilst maintaining a sharp focus on commercial metric
You’re a confident self-starter, able to navigate a path to commercial success by delivering valuable and usable digital experiences in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream – Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver – We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care – We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
- Holidays – 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials – Wine, beer and soft-drinks