The job in a nutshell
Here at GoCo, we build products and make improvements to the customer experience that make saving both time, and money, accessible for everyone. It’s not about business as usual, it’s about rethinking potential. We have an opportunity for a Principal Product Designer to join us on this journey and help transform the way millions of people manage their bills.
This role would ideally suit someone with a background in utilities or fintech across web and mobile. You will be involved in all aspects of the product development process, utilising a full range of user experience, user interaction, customer research, visual design skills and product understanding, whilst owning the end-to-end experience across the various AutoSave products.
Your experience will be broad and with a mixture of UX, Product Research and UI. Working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders will be second nature to you and you will be able to demonstrate your experience through previous work.
Sound of interest? Read on for a full breakdown of the role;
Skills and experience you’ll need to have
- Prior experience designing and shipping high volume websites, mobile applications or software in an in-house or agency environment.
- Advanced skills in prototyping using leading design tools such as Invision, Axure, Sketch, Principle, etc., as well as experience working in Photoshop or other similar packages.
- Experience working on new product development, taking vague and new ideas, hypothesis and problems, and translating them into tangible solutions that deliver high outcomes.
- Experience running regular discovery and research sessions with users in order to (in)validate what they find valuable and refine the usability of the product design.
- An exceptional eye for detail and a passion for product design, UX, data and customers.
- Experience working with designs systems, A/B testing platforms and customer research tools.
- Experience of using analytics tools (GA, Optimizely, PowerBI, VWO, etc.) to understand user behaviour, product trends and conversion as opportunities to drive and optimise the experience.
- Experience making design decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data. Ability to de-still insights from analytics, customers and stakeholders to drive effective and iterative solution development.
- Creative thinker and idea generator; not afraid to take strategic chances when appropriate.
- Strong ability to juggle and prioritise multiple projects and deadlines with ease and comfort.
- Understanding of web technologies and up to date with the latest trends in the industry.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to act as the face of UX/UI within a multi-disciplined team.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Developing innovative solutions to new and often complex issues and can lead with best practice both inside and outside Product Design.
- Influencing the development of Product Strategy.
- The UX direction of exciting new product offerings focused on helping customers with their household bills; providing a revolutionary and engaging AutoSave product offering.
- Meeting with users on a daily/weekly/monthly basis in order to understand and interpret not just what users say, but what they do; driving deep discovery with consumers to identify real user needs and product value opportunities.
- Creating low to high fidelity prototypes, including HTML prototypes. Producing multiple concepts and prototypes at pace, whilst gathering and adapting to frequent feedback loops.
- Functionally translating user and business needs digitally, taking into consideration technical capabilities and feasibility.
- Looking for opportunities to innovate and experiment; we are looking for people who will not be afraid to take ownership and push new ideas forward.
- Being involved in every step of the product lifecycle, from inception through to product launch and in life optimisation.
- Working closely with Product, technology, analytics team, and other key stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of needs.
- Define and improve our internal design toolkits.
Who you’ll be working with
- Product management, engineering, marketing and other key stakeholders to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Partners with product managers, engineers, contents strategists and customer care with regards to user experience of products.
We’re on a mission to help people everywhere save time and money – whether that’s on essential outgoings or on the things that they enjoy.
If someone is looking for an insurance policy for the first time, wants to beat their renewal quote, is searching for the right financial product, or is after an outstanding utility deal, our comparison website – GoCompare – is there to help. We work with trusted insurance providers, financial services organisations and partners to provide a real breadth of coverage across the market.
Through MyVoucherCodes we bring savings from thousands of fashion, retail, restaurant, entertainment, travel and tech brands to millions of people.
Energylinx, our Ofgem-accredited energy comparison and switching service, brings excellent energy deals from more suppliers than any other UK switching site to UK households and businesses.
Look After My Bills is a leading automated energy savings service. The free service cuts customers’ gas and electricity bills without them having to do a thing. Customers sign up once and Look After My Bills seeks to get them the best deal they can from an energy supplier they trust with good customer service. When that deal ends they automatically switch customers on to another.
And weflip, an automatic switching service that helps people save time and money by flipping them onto better energy tariffs, uses technology to bring a new, hands-off approach to staying on great deals, forever.
GoCompare embraces diversity and truly believe in equal opportunities for all. We believe that inclusion and diversity increases creativity, delivers innovation, improves performance and better serves our customers.
We truly believe in the ethos that companies with greater diversity perform better than those without. It is for these reasons that all qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, race, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, educational background or any other characteristic for that matter that doesn’t relate to your ability to perform the role.
GoCompare offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Death in service
- Matched pension (up to 6%)
- Private medical cover
- Buy and sell holiday options
- Extra holidays for length of service
- Share save scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity policies