Floom is a VC-backed start-up on a mission to become the first end-to-end full florist management software company. Since launching in 2016, we’ve been voted in the top 100 UK startups three years in a row. We’re dedicated to creating lasting relationships with florists across the UK and US, whilst taking orders from loyal customers in 114 different countries.
Due to our extraordinary growth, we have expanded our florist offering into a full business management SaaS tool. Our vision is to create the easiest-to-use full spectrum florist business platform out there, ranging from websites, inventory, POS and beyond. This software should assist any and all florists worldwide in helping them grow and manage their businesses, and we’re looking for a passionate UI/UX designer, who is obsessed with creating next-level, customer-first user experiences that delight at every point.
As our lead UI/UX designer, you will define how our customers, florists and employees interact with Floom’s products. You will be accountable for every feature you design – from the very first sketch through to implementation, and you’ll drive all stages of the user experience and design process. We are only looking to create products that are a true joy to use. Ready to give an industry what it’s been waiting for?
As UI/UX designer at Floom you will :
- Define and own Floom’s design processes, including identifying the appropriate ways to engage our users in user research and concept/UX testing sessions
- Lead customer and stakeholder workshops to uncover requirements, explore complex problems and define possible solutions
- Create useful, usable and attractive designs for web and mobile applications
- Work closely with the Product Manager to understand our different users: customers, florists and employees. Create a design theory that works for each of them, whilst being true to our overall brand identity.
- Capture details of customer journeys, seeking to constantly improve them
- Generate unique and innovative design solutions
- Mock up wireframes and generate prototypes
- Work in design sprints that are ahead of the development team
Follow the implementation of your designs from hand off to developer to feature release
- Participate in the company-wide QA process
- Be in an environment that encourages learning new technologies and supports your career progression
- Educating the wider team on the importance of design thinking and user-centred design
- You are working at a high growth startup, have learnt a lot and are itching to find an earlier stage team to drive growth and do something to make our world a better place
- This role is divided roughly 50:50 between UX and UI, with the greater need being UX. You should be a competent UI designer with a keen eye for detail, but you must be passionate about giving our user an amazing experience
- Substantial experience running both discovery user research and UX testing
- Experience working closely with engineers using Agile practices – including remote development teams
- Responsive web and mobile app design experience (iOS & Android – Mobile & Tablet)
- Empathy comes naturally to you. You wish to empathise with the end user and understand what makes them tick
- Are a keen problem solver – you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem
- You are self driven and organised
- You appreciate the benefits of data driven design, are comfortable digesting analytical data and reacting to it
- Proficient in design tools, such as Figma
- You are happy coordinating directly with engineers. And used to handing off designs and style guides using software like Zeplin
- Competitive salary plus share options.
- A great office in London Bridge – full of plants and flowers of course!
- A personal Macbook Pro.
- Join a young, engaged team all passionate in their fields and hungry for success.
- Responsibility, opportunity and ownership – right from the start.
- A hard-working but empowered company culture.