Opentrons makes robots for biologists.
Currently, over 90% of biologists in the world run experiments with manual pipettes, moving tiny amounts of liquid from vial to vial by hand. By making robotics affordable and open, we can help all life-scientists easily execute and share their experiments.
Opentrons’ robotics are in use in over 40 countries around the world and have been adopted by top-tier institutions like Stanford, Harvard, Merck, and Roche. Opentrons is VC-backed with investors including Khosla Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and Y Combinator.
About the Role
To make our robots truly accessible to scientists everywhere, it’s not enough that they are affordable: they have to be easy to use. As Senior Product Manager, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to translate complex scientific experiments into simple user experiences, defining and driving towards a vision for intuitive and accessible lab robotics.
- Set software product strategy grounded in customer needs, business goals, and technical capabilities.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to understand the needs and pain points of lab scientists.
- Understand the software and hardware ecosystem within Opentrons, our customers’ labs, and the scientific community — and the opportunities we have to tie them together.
- Collaborate with engineering, science, and UX teams to define and deliver best-in-class experiences bridging hardware, software, and lab consumables.
- Own the impact of your products to our customers and our business, from conception to launch and beyond.
- 5+ years experience in software product management
- You are a strong customer advocate whose center of gravity is in the field, learning from your customers.
- You bring out the best in those around you, providing context, clarity, and a healthy collaborative environment to the teams you work with.
- You have an entrepreneurial sense of initiative and a bias for action; your colleagues count on you to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Experience in biology and/or embedded systems a plus