Do you want to help shape local democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced yet collaborative environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab is a Brussels-based social impact scale-up that aims to improve democracy for the digital era. The SaaS platform is already being used by 125 cities and municipalities in 8 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between local governments and its citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave 250.000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as ‘Best Social Impact Startup in Europe’. After recently having raised a significant funding round, CitizenLab is looking for mission-driven talent to join on its mission to have 2,5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities all over the world.
Product Manager at CitizenLab
As Product Manager of the Engagement Squad, you will focus on scaling our core product. You will work in this cross-functional squad with a crystal-clear mission: building the most complete citizen participation platform, offering both local governments and their citizens a superb user experience. You are the link between our customers and the business on one side, and the engagement squad on the other side.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- You translate strategic product objectives into tangible customer needs and problems
- You develop a deep understanding of customers’ needs through direct research and indirect feedback
- You remain up to speed with market trends and our competitors
- You validate potential solutions for customer needs via customer validation sessions, A/B testing, data analytics, market research, etc.
- You identify, track and analyse key product success metrics
- You align all stakeholders to prioritise validated product solutions
- You build and communicate a roadmap based on this prioritisation
- You prioritise bugs and smaller improvements on a continuous basis
- You keep our product’s UX and UI consistent and the quality up
- You work closely together with our front-end engineers on the design of clear, easy-to-use UX and UI systems
- You use the agile philosophy to break down big ideas into valuable pieces and iterations that can be delivered efficiently
- You manage the rollout of features to production, ensuring all teams are equipped for effective feature usage
What do we expect from you?
- You have +2 years experience in (digital) Product Management or Product Design, ideally in a B2C SaaS environment
- You understand the fundamentals of digital technology
- Considered a bonus, if you have a solid understanding of product (UX/UI) design
Organisation & problem-solving
- You are able to develop a full understanding of a company’s business strategy and the market it operates in, and assess how a digital product can have the most impact.
- You have the ability to prioritise. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organised way.
- You are able to bring together many different perspectives and needs, discovering patterns and identifying signals through noise.
- You love taking up a proactive approach in a fast-changing environment.
- You are a creative problem solver with strong critical thinking and data analysis skills.
- You know how to communicate ideas and opinions, and you can navigate and align multiple stakeholders.
- You dare to say no, and explain why.
- You value collaboration and acknowledge that the best ideas can come from everywhere.
- You are comfortable and confident in a client-facing role.
- You are fluent in English. Any additional languages are considered a plus.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We’re daily working with +125 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup (15 employees) to scaleup (35 employees).
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment—right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic European team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works… which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that’s an interest we all share. 🙂
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop, flexibility on working from home, and more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.