ESI Media are looking to recruit a Product Manager to work in the Digital Product team. Our brands include The Independent, The Evening Standard and London Live.
You will play an integral part in developing the next generation of digital experiences for all newspaper titles. You will report to the Head of Product and have exposure to the senior management team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established national news media group with a fast-growing digital business. You will be working on products that are at the heart of news consumption and a massive driver of growth for the group.
- Development & maintenance of product roadmap that meets the product vision and business goals
- Own the delivery of product roadmap (enhancements + changes) from ideation to launch
- Proactive stakeholder management
- Hold workshops with stakeholders to identify consumer problems and develop multiple solutions to solve those problems
- Document requirements from business stakeholders to a degree that they can be easily understood by all teams (using user stories, basic wireframe creation etc)
- Liaise with stakeholders to get further information on requirements where necessary
- Use data and market analysis to make product prioritisation decisions
- Highlight potential risks in product delivery pipeline
- Highlight potential conflicts in upcoming development work
- Ensure the product backlog is kept prioritised and does not include redundant requests
- Work with the team in getting high-level estimations for delivery of new features + functionality
- Lateral thinking – you ask the right questions in order to get a full understanding of requirements and potential risks
- Stakeholder management – you’re able to modify your approach to best suit each stakeholder
- Agile delivery methodology (SCRUM as a bonus) & working with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional drive – you’re happy to help by whatever means necessary in order to get the job done
- Takes the initiative – you’ll identify what needs to be done and will make it happen
- Customer Focussed – you know the importance of customer feedback
- Use of Visio, LucidChart or similar to draw basic wireframes to be used as talking points
- Experience using JIRA
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Comfortable asking questions of stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of publishing / subscriptions / e-comm landscape
- Previously worked in a start-up or small product & tech teams
- Has worked in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Has previously worked with 3rd party vendors
- Has worked on iOS & Android mobile apps and understands the mechanics of how these types of products are built and developed
To apply please send an up-to-date CV + covering letter, including salary expectations.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Location: You will be based at our Head office in Kensington, London, W8.
Hours: Your hours will be 37.5 hours per week working Monday to Fridays.
ESI Media is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
All of our employees are entitled to benefits including great company pension, private healthcare and life insurance schemes. We also offer cycle to work and season ticket loan initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers.