We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with excellent technical, communication and organizational skills to work within our StaffNurse niche team. In this role you will engage with consumers as well as internal stakeholders to fully understand and assess requirements in order to make informed decisions that drive our products forward.
You will be working with a dedicated delivery team where you will be responsible for all aspects of consumer product development for StaffNurse.com (i.e. product discovery all the way through to delivery). Additionally, you will be the knowledge expert for StaffNurse so will be responsible for coordinating, educating and supporting other local product strategist as needed.
• Meet with users on a frequent basis, where you will need to use your observational skills to understand and interpret not just what users say but do, driving deep discovery with consumers to identify real user needs and product value opportunities.
• Have the freedom to innovate and experiment; we are looking for people who will not be afraid to take ownership and push new ideas forward.
• Have the opportunity to directly influence the StaffNurse consumer business.
• Work closely with international teams with opportunities to meet people around the globe.
• Drive the development of consumer features for StaffNurse.com.
• Research and do qualitative discovery with users to understand their behavior and needs.
• Quantify value of various concepts and projects to help leadership prioritize work.
• Build and test hypothesis for improving user conversion on various platforms.
• Build partner relationships with other consumer teams to drive changes on web, email, and mobile platforms.
• Work with internal data science teams to uncover new ways to continuously improve the experience for our users.
• Write detailed user stories and cards that engineering team can use to create new applications and user flows.
• Review completed development output and provide rapid and detailed feedback to engineering team.
• Maximize product launch results defining effective launch goals, identifying priorities, assessing organizational readiness and measuring post-launch results.
• Be relentlessly focused on making users happy.
• 2+ years of experience of product or development experience in web or technology related field.
• High levels of organization, with the ability to manage a team and delegate effectively.
• Analytics experience, qualitative discovery, A/B and hypothesis testing and other research experience.
• Understanding of user experience and how to communicate ideas to UX people.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a high comfort level and willingness to build relationships with key internal stakeholders.
• Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment preferred.
• Willingness to “get out of the building” and talk to both customers and job seekers about their experience with our search and recommendations products.
• Ability to creatively and functionally translate user and business needs, taking into consideration technical capabilities.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze trends using Google Analytics, Hadoop, and other data analysis tools.
• Ability to operate with autonomy and energy in a fast-paced environment.
• Desired proficiency with SQL, MySQL, Hadoop, and other relational database tools.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Proficient in MS Office suite.
• Proficient in team workflow systems like Trello, Mingle, Basecamp, Slack, etc.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proven analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Energetic, proactive individual with practical sensibilities, creative instincts and an innate sense of curiosity.
• Strong ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with ease and comfort while consistently maintaining a professional demeanor.
• Creative thinker and idea generator; not afraid to take strategic chances when appropriate.
• Not afraid to fail – then learn from that failure and try it differently the next time.
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently but must thrive in, and be willing to actively contribute to, a small, collaborative team.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• A demonstrated interest in keeping up to date with the evolving world of Product and Web best practices, news, and trends and apply those to your everyday work.
• Ability to embrace constructive criticism in stride; readiness to be flexible, try new things and take on new challenges.
About the company
StaffNurse.com is the UK’s number one destination for nursing professionals and is part of the CareerBuilder network. CareerBuilder is the global leader in human capital solutions, helping companies target and attract their most important asset – their people. Its online career site, CareerBuilder.com®, is the largest in the United States with more than 24 million unique visitors, 1 million jobs and 49 million resumes. CareerBuilder works with the world’s top employers, providing resources for everything from employment branding and talent intelligence to recruitment support. More than 10,000 websites, including 140 newspapers and broadband portals such as MSN and AOL, feature CareerBuilder’s proprietary job search technology on their career sites. Owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI), Tribune Company and The McClatchy Company (NYSE:MNI), CareerBuilder and its subsidiaries operate in the United States, Europe, South America, Canada and Asia. For more information, visit www.careerbuilder.com.