Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope’s hat, the world’s smallest book – at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning – waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
How you’ll make an impact
Catawiki is rapidly expanding and looking for experienced Product Managers to strengthen our team of high performing Product Managers, Engineers and Designers to grow our business.
As a Product Manager for Payments at Catawiki, you will focus on providing our users a world class post-sale experience. You will have a specific focus on the payments part of the customer journey that reflects the complexities of a marketplace which serves both buyers and sellers. You will work together with world class companies like Stripe to build awesome solutions that our users love.
Together with a multidisciplinary team within our Fulfilment vertical, you will:
– Relentlessly focus on what’s best for our customers and our business.
– Understand and identify customer behaviour and needs through research and analysis.
– Analyse, understand and share learnings from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
– Contribute to the overall product vision and strategy for this part of our value proposition.
– Take full ownership of the Payments roadmap and prioritisation of new features and enhancements to existing features.
– Empower your team and cross-collaborate with other teams and stakeholders across the company to unlock their full potential.
– Manage and work closely with your stakeholders: the commercial teams, the finance & legal department and our payment partners, to get the best ideas in and subsequently get everyone aligned for fast implementation.
– Get. Stuff. Done.
Who you are
In addition to your demonstrable experience as a Product Manager in a fast growing Online company, you also have:
– A strong belief in customer centric product development.
– Energy, a commercial focus, and a sense of urgency to everything you touch; You’re a self-motivated and results driven person who is not afraid to get their hands dirty to solve a problem.
– At least 3 years of experience in product roles in the payment industry (e.g. PSP, ecommerce, fintech or other relevant experience).
– Proven success with implementing new and data-driven optimisation of existing payment methods as part of the customer journey to reduce friction.
– Knowledge of regulatory frameworks: Legal, Compliance, Tax, Privacy, Finance, Risk Management and Payments, especially Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2).
– Experience with mobile and emerging payments technology.
– Experience with APIs and integrations with third party solutions.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In addition we will make sure you have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands. Additionally, you can expect:
25 days Paid holiday & holiday allowance
The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan)
Excellent opportunities for career development
Sponsored events and afternoon drinks
A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges
Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow