Neworks is seeking an exceptional Freelance Senior UX Researcher to work alongside one of its clients; a leading provider of fund data in the UK, specialising in the collection, validation, dissemination and analysis of fund information with offices in the UK, Chennai, Hong Kong, Paris, Berlin, Milan, Singapore, Zurich, Luxembourg, Madrid and Australia.
You will be expected to help guide and inspire cross-functional teams by uncovering meaningful, human-centred insights to drive great design and innovation for the product teams. Your work will be vital in determining our approach to understanding the needs of our customers, helping us to define product roadmaps that effectively address our users’ key problems.
As a UX researcher, you should be able to introduce a range of formative and iterative research methods impacting both product direction and detailed experience design. In addition, you should be curious, driven, methodical, an effective communicator and comfortable in a fast-moving organization. If you’re excited about the high potential for growth and ability to make an impact, this role is a great fit for you.
Occasional travel to clients around the world may be required. Project kick-off will be conducted on-site in our Woking/London offices, thereafter you can transition into a more semi-remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Create user research plans by identifying and prioritizing research items based on the analysis of existing product designs, business needs, project goals, and risks.
- Continuously gather knowledge about customers through various channels e.g. shadowing operations teams, customer interviews/feedback.
- Design and conduct in-person and remote user research studies, including surveys, in-depth interviews, field studies, focus groups, and concept/prototype testing.
- Analyze, synthesize and present findings to all stakeholders with clarity and agility using a combination of various user feedback and research tools and methodologies e.g. user journey maps, personas, value propositions, etc.
- Communicate findings and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to stakeholders.
- Own the user feedback experience and foster collaboration with designers, product managers, marketers, and operations to translate insights into actionable recommendations that inform execution.
- B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology, Design, Business or a related degree.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience, designing and executing field research on digital platforms including web, desktop, and mobile. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- Solid understanding of best practices for conducting research (qualitative and quantitative) in user experience, product design, or technology contexts. Bonus points if you have done this remotely in the past.
- An amazing portfolio of written project plans and results presentations that demonstrate the use of user research methodologies to contribute solutions to solve complex problems.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights.
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented. Ability to execute at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and confidently convey insights through storytelling.
- Strong advocate for user research, with the ability to engage and educate colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems.
- Experience building or leading UX Research teams is considered a plus.
- Software requirements: Figma, Adobe CC Suite, Office 365.
- Enjoy the benefits of a relaxed semi-remote working environment where output is valued more than hours.
- Work on real market-leading products with real end-users.
- Autonomy, we trust your expertise and expect you to own your work, you will have autonomy over how to get it done.
- Occasional travel to clients from around the world, we often conduct our project kick-offs on-site.
- Help shape the future of a pioneering tech company.
- Competitive day rate up to £450 per day (dependent on experience)
- Contract length and type: 3 month rolling, Outside IR35.
- Primary on-site location: Woking/London
- Start date: March 2020