At JustPark we’re opening up a world of potential by providing access to an intricate network of spaces. We aim to tackle the pain points of smarter transport, increasing efficiency and revenue. Together, we’re moving towards a smarter and better connected digital future, with mobility and sustainability at its core.
As CPO, you’ll join a business that is already helping over 3.5m drivers park across over 45,000 locations around the country, becoming one of the UK’s most loved parking apps. We’re also growing fast – one of the 2019 Sunday Times Tech Fast Track and in 2018, we were named as the Tech Growth Business of the year.
As we continue to grow, we’re moving beyond start-up challenges and scaling rapidly. You’ll bring a growth mindset, with responsibility for building a scalable product portfolio and preparing the business to deliver innovations across the mobility space. Our problem is not finding areas for development. It’s about deciding where we can have the biggest impact and what we prioritise.
About the role
- A key member of the executive management team, you’ll own the development of our product vision, strategy and roadmap across the whole customer life cycle
- Ensure that we deliver a product experience that continuously and consistently delights our customers
- Scale our customer base, increase revenue and drive NPS by creating an iconic experience
- Lead a team of 40 across our product and engineering functions, driving the product strategy’s formation as well as execution
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to scope, design, test and deliver innovative solutions
- Foster a culture of data-driven validated learning across all functions
- Define and own the technical aspects of the JustPark’s strategy, to ensure it aligns with its business objectives
- Advocate for and build awareness externally of JustPark’s technology and product capabilities technically through blogs, social media and public appearances
- With a track record in senior product leadership, you’ve been through the startup/scale up journey with at least one other tech business
- As a driver yourself you’ll be able to understand and empathise with customers to deliver solutions that improve their mobility experience
- Line management and professional development of Product and/or technical team leads
- Inquisitive, seeking out new ways of working, emerging technologies or practices and bring best practice to JustPark
- Demonstrate creativity in your approach to problem-solving and decision making
- Passion for learning
- Comfort with new technology and thinking outside the box to develop and implement innovative and creative solutions
- Ability to translate business objectives to short and mid-term product and technology goals, and vice vers
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
A credible tech leader
- Able to discuss the constraints and benefits of decisions made by the team, including software architecture and design
- A passion for building web and mobile applications and user experiences using best-in-breed processes and technologies
- Experience strengthening partner relationships and interacting with Engineering teams, or managing engineering teams.
We trust that our team has the best interests of our customers at heart, which means we trust you to know what’s needed to get the job done. Whether that’s working the hours that suit you, setting you up for remote working or making sure you have the right kit, we’ll work with you to create the right environment for you to succeed. Plus we know it’s not all about work! That’s why we also offer benefits like unlimited holiday and enhanced maternity leave.
We want teams that enjoy spending time together. So we’ve built a culture that encourages teams to get to know each other – we run company-wide away days and annual retreats to get us away from the desk. Our in-house chef provides a freshly cooked lunch every day, giving us the opportunity to catch up over great food (check out whatsjuliecooking for some inspiration!)
Our teams work hard to make JustPark a success, so it’s important to us that they can share in that success. That’s why we offer stock options to every member of the team. We work hard to achieve some ambitious goals with the knowledge we’re building something truly valuable.
We’re in this for the long term, and we have big ambitions for the future. To help us get there, we want to grow our own superstars from within. We fund additional training, provide mentoring and work with you to develop a career plan so we can help you get where you want to go, too.