Doctors are under incredible pressure – to deliver extraordinary levels of patient care – in a field that never stands still. Somehow on top of the long hours the world’s 20million doctors must stay on top of new science, products and techniques – all the while building their professional profiles and reputations.
The old way to do this is reading journals, joining associations and multiple times a year flying around the world to mega-conferences.
Reachora is a better way. An intelligent community platform where physicians can connect, share and learn in a more efficient, cost-effective and sustainable way.
To build the world’s largest medical community to enhance both the quality of a physician’s life & patient care.
To get there we can learn from mistakes already made by consumer social and content platforms, whilst innovating and research ourselves into the specific needs of today’s physicians.
Two years old, Reachora is a well-funded and resourced UK & US-based MedTech startup with an impressive leadership line-up. We have just completed a successful and profitable Beta in Cardiology, and are poised for rapid growth, extending our platform and expanding into Oncology and other verticals.
This will be Reachora’s 1st Product Manager role and is the first step in bringing design, UX & UI in-house for the first time.
We already have a super-capable 5-person development team, who have so far built our sophisticated custom-built backend. But now it’s time to accelerate the frontend and turn our beta video site into a truly market-leading community platform.
We are looking for an energetic but rigorous Product Manager to lead the charge. Reporting both to the CEO and CMO, this role will be based at our office in Paddington, London, but with ample scope for flexible working.
Your Experience (What we’re looking for):
- An organised, detailed-orientated and passionate Product Manager with 6+ years working inside a fast-moving development environment
- Cross-sector experience helping teams define strategy and delivery business results (medical sector experience preferred but not required)
- Proven ability to set and measure clear objectives / KPIs in order to steer the evolution of the product
- Proven success in managing cross-functional teams (design, engineering, and content) within an agile delivery environment.
- Extensive technical experience working with, and managing development teams on a day-to-day basis
- Has set up, initiated and maintained a working methodology around agile (scrum/kanban) and lean
- Has deep history in at least one area relevant to this product ecosystem; marketing platforms, customer analytics, community building, content engagement, CRM.
- An additional benefit if you have experience working in the medical or scientific content sphere
- Experience leading, recruiting and mentoring cross-functional teams
- Strong history working with data (and knows how to access it) to win debates, make smart choices and drive the team forward
- Has set up, executed and synthesized ethnographic/qualitative research
- Strong record of managing stakeholders towards product vision and strategy
- Has experience in a B2B environment pitching, selling and managing commercial partners
Your Responsibilities (Things you’ll be doing)
- Working closely with the company’s leadership team to help shape the product vision
- Owning the product roadmap and clearly communicating a coherent product strategy
- You will work closely with a distributed engineering team (in a Product / Scrum Master Capacity) to manage the smooth design and development of features through an agile delivery process
- You will author detailed and clear business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications as well as technical and architecture requirements
- Manage prioritization between customer experience, operational capacity, and business priorities
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the ability to meet strategic, growth or technical goals
- Recruit and manage your own internal UX / UI design team
- Take responsibility for cross-functional teams (internally and externally) in order to deliver on our strategic and growth objectives
- Derive the necessary insights from analytics in order to inform our decision making
- Be the voice of the user inside our business
- Use various research methodologies in order to inform the evolution of our product roadmap and validate the success of our current user experience
- Develop, deploy and track multivariate testing strategies
- Move regularly between high-level strategy and detailed product activities
- Partner with the Product Design team and/or 3rd party partner consultants in order to define and prototype future strategic opportunities
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot with cross-functional teams inside and outside of the business
- Engage with our commercial partners and customers to gather requirements, feedback, and strategic objectives in order for us to deliver timely, relevant and commercially successful services
Who you are (Your character):
- You have great energy and drive to develop and ship new features, with the ability to lead and inspire people to stay the course
- You thrive in a culture of constant change
- You are enthusiastic, results driven and commercially aware
- You are persistent and never accept falling at the first hurdle
- You are openly collaborative
- You are detailed orientated and see the importance of craft and consideration
- You are a keen prioritizer and are highly organized
- You are a calm and natural problem solver
- You enjoy building teams and nurturing individuals
- Have the ability to move between the high level and the detail
- You are an excellent communicator
What’s in it for you:
A chance to join a fast-moving startup, with great backing, in a high-growth and high-value market; but at an early enough stage that you can truly steer the platform from beta to scale, and personally benefit from the success you have built.
This is an ideal opportunity for a talented product manager with a point to prove. We are a diverse and senior team that will afford you plenty of autonomy but also coach you to fulfill your potential.
What you’ll receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Options scheme to enable you to benefit from an exit or IPO
- 25 days holiday
- A cool, modern office in a co-working space in Paddington, with an on-site gym
- Private pension contributions
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- A chance to build a product, that if successful, will truly enhance the medical care and outcomes of millions of patients all around the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.