An up-to-date portfolio and at least 3 years experience working in a SaaS product are essential for this role.
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the online travel industry – Booking.com and Skyscanner, among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved. In doing so, we’ve been named the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#5 in the world) by SaaS1000 and have been featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
The Product Design team
The TravelPerk Product Design team is looking for its next top hire at various levels of seniority. If you consider yourself an autonomous Product Designer who has worked on SaaS products for at least three years, and keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do, read on…
In TravelPerk, we work in “squads” which are small, autonomous teams made up of full-stack engineers, a Product Manager, and a Product Designer. As a Product Designer, you will be expected to own design within your squad while contributing to the wider design team and product functions within TravelPerk.
But that’s not all…We are looking for someone who will break squad boundaries. This means that you should also be comfortable taking ownership of and driving forward a complementary specialism(s) as well as having a wider impact across teams.
What will my day look like?
Within your squad, we require that you are confident in the following:
– A solid grasp of User Experience and Visual Design fundamentals
– Developing a partnership with your Product Manager to fully understand customer needs and business value, challenging each other to raise the bar for your product area.
– Working with our in-house researcher to co-ordinate and run usability tests, discovery sessions, contextual analyses plus any other relevant research required to better understand the problems that our customers are faced with, identifying ways to uncover opportunities.
– Working with our data team to interrogate various data sources to uncover relevant quantitative insights.
– Ideating quickly and effectively with your squad, favoring communication and collaboration over ping-ponging via tools.
– Understanding technical constraints and opportunities through a fundamental understanding of web technologies (HTML5, CSS, JS, APIs) allowing you to communicate ideas effectively with engineers and fellow designers.
– Working with our in-house copywriter to ensure that the product follows the style guide and is effectively localized.
– Working with, and contributing to the Product Design System.
– Continuously optimizing the design process in your squad and across the wider team.
– Testing and optimizing low–high fidelity prototypes with key stakeholders and customers to iteratively validate that we are solving the right problems.
– Driving a mobile-first mindset in your squad and beyond.
– Mentoring and supporting fellow designers, bringing your unique skill-set and continually raising the bar of the team and our products.
Influencing and supporting the growth of the team through hiring, networking, and sourcing future team members.
– Working in English to a professional level, both writing and speaking
What skills are required?
– 3+ years working for a SaaS product
– Experience working with Sketch or Figma
– Experience of working alongside engineers and Product Managers in autonomous groups
– Contribution to and familiarization with Design Systems
– Customer-centered mindset (it’s at the heart of all of your decisions)
– A positive and proactive team player who can help to elevate us
How can I contribute to the team and grow personally?
In addition to your squad responsibilities, there are some complementary areas that we would encourage you to bring or own. Here’s just a few examples:
– Driving accessibility standards across all of our products
– Defining how animation should be used and implementing a process
– Contributing to and maintaining high standards of our front-end components
– Copy-writing and localization
– Improving design processes and operations
– Drive influence across the company through invaluable insights and research
– Using data to help drive more efficient decision processes (e.g. A/B testing)
– Coordinating networking events to help drive employee brand and recruitment
– Writing publicly as a way of attracting talent and positioning TravelPerk as a thought leader
– Collaborating across departments, communicating the value of design
– A Travel Industry thought leader, working ahead of the curve
What do we offer?
– Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
– 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
– Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
– “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
– Free Spanish classes.
– Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
The Product Designer position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.