Join trivago and help shape the future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with the latest technology and with colleagues from over 60 countries. We believe in personal development through flexible, self-directed work and cross-functional opportunities. Enjoy a work environment that encourages new ideas, having fun and challenging the status quo!
Can you shape the products that are used by up to one third of our workforce of over 900 employees? Can you play an instrumental role in influencing how we work on a day-to-day basis? From tools for adding or removing hotels from our site to ones that allow us to manage our hotel image inventory, our Content team is constantly using internally developed tools to handle their workload. Now we are looking for a communicative visionary who wants to see their ideas turned into tangible results. You must excel at gathering information and ask the right questions in order to extract the exact needs of users from potentially vague requests and feedback. You will then work with engineering teams to create tool project plans. You will be responsible for managing various projects at the same time, conceptualizing the tools according to internal users’ needs, writing requirements and working closely with topic owners and Scrum teams for development. You will have to be capable of creating long-term plans for internal tools, have the strength of character to push forward with these plans and have the organizational skills to coordinate multiple teams and projects.
The ideal candidate:
• Has previous experience working with development teams in an agile environment.
• Has experience in quality testing. Any precious experience with app or website development is a big plus and examples would be appreciated.
• Has some understanding of wireframing and database structures. A basic understanding of MySQL and UX/UI design would also be a plus.
• Has fantastic communications skills and can be trusted to extract exact requirements from stakeholders and keep them informed at all stages of the development process.
• Possesses the perfect blend of creativity and technical ability that enables them to solve problems and understand the tools they will be employing to solve them.
• Holds a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Studies or a related field.
• Speaks English fluently.
• Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago:
trivago is an exciting hub of multicultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular workshops, seminars and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making in keeping with our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide language classes for those wanting to learn or practise their German.
Join us at trivago – a place where talented minds meet, crazy ideas are shared and innovation is born.
• Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
• This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
• We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
Please note we only process applications via this URL. If clicking the URL in this message does not work, just copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser.