Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors, and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss Product Manager you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking leaders to have a significant impact on the services offered by the government to US citizens. A position with Truss will allow you to continuously enrich your skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- The ability to create alignment, set expectations, and make sure the team is set up to succeed
- A goal-oriented approach which uses process to deliver value to end users
- Familiarity with agile software development
- A desire to seek differing opinions and ask for help
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience leading complex projects with multiple teams to define and achieve shared goals
In this position you will:
- Advocate for and implement product management best practices
- Facilitate healthy and productive communication within the team, and with stakeholders
- Mentor and cross-train with designers and engineers via design discussions, etc.
- Propose and implement mechanisms to track and communicate project roadmaps and plans
- Evaluate and select tools to meet project needs without creating unnecessary drag
- Facilitate effective work planning processes, working with engineers, designers, and product stakeholders to reach a shared vision
- Assertively guide product definition, feature prioritization, and scope
- Travel up to 30% of the time to client locations and team meetings
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US and you must reside in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!