Director of Product
Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 750 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users in every hemisphere.
We are looking for 2 new Directors of Product for our office in Berlin!
Your mission will be to lead one of our Tribes, a cluster of cross-functional teams focussing on building a better learning experience for all of our users.
- Inspire your teams and others to build better products, with a constant dedication to understand, question and improve the experience
- Proactively drive cooperation & foster collaboration within Product, Engineering and other departments
- Define and track key business and usage success metrics and help teams to translate them into their every day work
- Identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required teams and areas across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals – resolve blockers in your team and others to move forward
- Mentor and coach product team members and peers, as well as review their work and provide constructive feedback on it
- Align with the other product directors to come up with the Babbel toolkit product discovery and product delivery
- Report directly to the CPO
- 3+ years experience in a leading Product Management position in a digital product business, ideally leading multiple teams
- Strong skills in managing the product discovery process and a background in Hypothesis-driven product management
- Analytical mindset and strategic thinking
- Solid coaching and mentoring skills
- In-depth knowledge of agile approaches to product development
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Experience working with OKRs is a plus
- A highly visible role with a global & strategic scope
- An opportunity to put your vast expertise into practice and shape the growth of Babbel
- A challenging environment and a lot of experimentation
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits, including a development budget
- A diverse and stimulating learning organisation
- An amazing office in Berlin’s coolest district