Boiler Room is revolutionising music online: it’s music television, for the digital age. We are the world’s biggest online music broadcaster and the leading community of underground music fans. From a webcam taped to a warehouse wall in Hackney, we’ve now hosted shows across the world showcasing the output of quality emerging & established musicians and the highly-engaged fans of their local music scenes.
Boiler Room is hiring for a Head of Product to join our tech team with the objective of leveraging our existing brand and audience to build the worlds biggest, most active community of new music fans. We want to create a unique, innovative audiovisual consumption and engagement experience that does the quality of our content justice.
We’re a VC-backed startup growing very quickly and looking for a standout candidate to help drive a critical area of the business forward.
* Lead the development of our technology product offering across all touchpoints with external and internal stakeholders
* Define and manage our product roadmap with respective technical, music and business teams
* Contribute to Boiler Room’s wider vision and strategy by presenting opportunities to improve our offering and the experience for our users
* Define the KPIs that drive product success and derive key insights to continuously improve them
* Be an expert on the market and competitive landscape to ensure Boiler Room’s product becomes the benchmark for innovation and quality
* Upwards and peer management; make your team product advocates and help all teams understand how valuable and powerful product can be
Essential skillset requirements:
* Strong product management experience, preferably with media or content with a solid track record of delivering complex projects initiatives
* Demonstrable success in managing development of mobile and web applications
* Exceptional organisational and analytical skills
* Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
* Ideally a passion for contemporary music, or having worked in the media industry
* Understand design and user experience and how they should be embedded into the product development process