We’re working to grow the Co-op and help make the communities we serve great places to live through digitally transforming the business and building brilliant products and services. In our Funeralcare business we have over 1,000 branches across the country, and we’re the leading provider of funerals in the UK. We’ve got big ambitions to launch new customer-facing products & services that will transform the experience for our customers and colleagues in branch, as we’ll as continuing to build on the success of Guardian. We’re looking for a head of product to lead our multidisciplinary digital teams working within our Funeralcare business to build products and services that meet the needs of our members, customers and colleagues, and deliver against business goals.
In this role you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary agile product team responsible for building and iterating digital products and services within our Funeralcare business, working with senior stakeholders to craft compelling user-centred product strategies that meet the needs of users and help the business achieve its strategic goals.
What you’ll do
- create and deliver experiences that add value to members, colleagues and customers, and creates a sustainable competitive advantage for the Co-op
- position digital development as a fundamental part of the Co-op Funeralcare proposition
- support digital transformation at the Co-op by demonstrating agile ways of working and helping colleagues across the business understand and opt lean ways of working.
- put data at the heart of the proposition and use insights to optimise the user experience and continuously improve ways of working
- articulate your product vision to the team, and break up its delivery into meaningful, achievable goals
- lead, organise and inspire the multi-disciplinary team with sharp analysis and well communicated decisions
- manage the digital roadmap for Funeralcare, collaborating with colleagues across the business to make sure we’re working on the right problems that deliver the most value
- work closely with the commercial and development teams to optimise performance
This role would suit people who have
- extensive experience leading multi-disciplinary agile product teams
- experience of creating new online service propositions that join up physical and digital customer experiences
- experience creating a raft of digital products that deliver a coherent customer experience
- natural curiosity and a keen desire to discover what users need
- the ability to collaborate with and influence all kinds of different people
- good story telling skills with the ability to communicate a compelling vision to the team
If you think this sounds like this job for you, head over to our careers website and apply here.