Who we are
The next decade of healthcare promises to reveal major leaps in preventative health, scientific research and new medicine development. As patients, we will understand more about our health than ever before.
To harness the latest advances in technology and innovation for advanced healthcare, and inform preventative and personalised interventions, we must first fix health data exchange, connect data silos and form an open healthcare ecosystem. This is what Dovetail Lab was created to solve.
Dovetail Lab is a start-up company within the EMIS Group, a UK market leader in health technologies, which partners healthcare organisations across the UK, providing technology solutions which enable them to communicate with each other efficiently and effectively.
Your new role
This is an opportunity to work with senior leadership to develop the product strategy, and take ownership of the Dovetail product portfolio. This is a management position with a product owner and a project manager being direct reports, and plans to extend responsibilities to include a design team.
This role reports into the Dovetail CEO, and the wider EMIS Product Team.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Designing, updating, managing and communicating the product development roadmap
- Managing product, project management and design functions of the team
- Assisting with product-related tasks as required, including user research, product design and documentation
- Performing market research and customer research, and developing new innovative products or projects as part of the roadmap.
- Working with senior leaders to define and develop product strategy.
- Liaising with customers including NHS senior leadership to understand their requirements and communicate progress against those.
What you’ll bring
These are the skills and experience you’ll need to set yourself up for success in this role, however we’d still love to talk to you even if you don’t tick all of them:
- At least 3 years of experience as a product owner / manager (ideally in a B2B or regulated sector)
- Proven ability to think about software products from a strategic and commercial point of view
- Ability to take business imperative or goals; and design those into lower-level requirements
- Experience of the whole product development, build and delivery lifecycle
- Experience with the Atlassian software suite
- Specific experience in informatics, healthcare, research or insurance markets
- Experience of documenting software projects, in particular using Confluence
- Leadership and team management skills
What we’ll give you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll get a benefits package which includes things like a pension, life assurance, gym discounts, summer BBQs on our roof terrace, regular office food and drinks, and free fruit all week!
We also take our corporate social responsibility pretty seriously and we believe in giving back to our community, so you’ll get the chance to be involved in lots of fundraising events throughout the year. Our latest one was a challenge to complete up to a 100km walk over 24hrs across the Peak District!
So if this snapshot of the role looks interesting, click apply. If you don’t apply now, the job may vanish, but don’t panic; sign up for our job alerts and we’ll keep you updated. So if this snapshot of the role looks interesting, click apply. If you don’t apply now, the job may vanish, but don’t panic; sign up for our job alerts and we’ll keep you updated.