Product researchers are trusted advisors at Intercom and champion the use of research to inform and drive product direction. They collaborate with PM, Design, Analysts, and Engineers to define problems and use research studies to understand and solve them. At Intercom, you’ll own and drive research projects from start to finish.
Here are 3 reasons why you’ll love this role and grow faster in your career at Intercom:
- Intercom’s SVP of Product is a former researcher! So unlike other teams, we never have to fight for a seat at the table.
- This isn’t a user-testing treadmill—our research is strategic and formative because our leadership support is so strong.
- Researchers are equal peers of PMs and Design, so we pay them all the same by level and experience.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a Product Researcher to help expand the research function in our San Francisco office.
The San Francisco office is home to some of our most strategically important and challenging Growth and Product initiatives. Joining our team at such an exciting time is a truly unique opportunity to drive a product that touches millions of people in the business messaging space every single day.
What will I be doing? 🚀
Intercom product researchers provide insights, data and ideas that help our teams make better, more empathetic decisions. To do this they study one of the most complex, challenging, and rapidly evolving types of relationship – the relationship between businesses and their customers.
In this role you will:
- Turn open questions and ambiguities into formal research studies that provide teams with meaningful and actionable customer insights
- Conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research studies, from 1:1 interviews to large-scale surveys and everything in between
- Communicate research insights and recommendations across Intercom, to inform product road maps and guide our strategy
- Empower product and Growth teams and others in the organization by involving them in research and bringing them closer to the customer
- Champion research at Intercom, help evolve the discipline and build the tools and processes that will enable us to scale our growing business
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years of experience conducting research for digital products or services
- Experience working in the Growth space is a plus
- An ability to communicate research findings in creative and impactful ways – with strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of independence and initiative; an ability to determine what to work on, how to accomplish it, and how to have an impact
- A self-starter who can collaborate with others deeply
- A growth mindset and a desire to make things better
- A healthy balance of humility and confidence
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.