What Now?! powers The Official London City Guide App, in partnership with Visit London (the tourism board/part of the Mayor’s office). We have a co-branded innovative app that simulates a ‘live’ smartphone experience whilst abroad – without paying for roaming.
We soft launched in April 2014 and we’ve had almost 300,000 downloads so far on iOS alone with zero spent on marketing.
Prior to launch, we were showcased by TechCrunch as one of their Top 15 European Startups at their Disrupt event in Berlin, as well as by PhoCusWright at their Travel Innovation Summit in the US (the largest such event in the global travel industry) as one of 2013’s Top Travel Innovations. We were also shortlisted for the UK’s Most Innovative Mobile Company as part of the UK government’s Department of Trade and Investment’s Smart UK Initiative. In Autumn 2014, TechCrunch invited us back on stage at their Disrupt conference in London as one of their successful Startup Battlefield companies (which was hugely flattering as previous alumni have included Dropbox and Yammer!).
Role and Responsibilities
As Product Manager you will work with a highly talented team of designers and developers, being responsible for assessing customer opportunities from conception through to launch.
Some of the tasks that you would be doing, but not limited to: –
• Create the long term strategic product roadmap as well as a regular on-going timing plan of actions and ensure shipping deadlines are achieved
• Product testing – going out into the field and testing new concepts, flows, features and presenting insights back to the team
• Establish a process for each release
• Work closely with the analytics team for insights that can be translated into app improvements and features
• Improving our booking funnel and revenue generation opportunities
• 2+ years’ Product Management experience delivering innovative consumer internet products
• A passion for apps – your phone is full of apps, you download the latest apps and you’re the first to discover new features
• Strong analytical thinking – An understanding of our customers, competitors, and the market to see where the product should be going
• Background in user, AB and guerrilla testing
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
• Excellent communication skills – with the ability to translate technical jargon into plain English and vice versa
• Passionate about being a user advocate and delivering beautiful and innovative products
• Previous experience product managing a mobile app
• Previous experience at a fast-paced startup
• Experience as a UX designer or software engineer is a major bonus
Salary: Competitive with stock options