About Mentor Collective
Mentor Collective is the leading provider of mentoring programs and the #1 best small company to work at in Boston (https://www.builtinboston.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-boston-2020). We partner with universities to design, manage, and assess programs that give all students access to a relevant near-peer mentor.
Are you motivated by helping universities improve the experience for their students? Are you a born problem solver? We’re looking for a creative thinker; someone who is collaborative and proactively seeks feedback; an organizational standout; data and results-driven; and someone who is comfortable working in a growing, changing environment.
Learn more about our culture here: https://www.mentorcollective.org/join-the-team/
About the role:
The product manager will have a truly unique opportunity to shape Mentor Collective’s product and increase our impact on US higher education. They will make their mark not only on the product, but on the wider body of knowledge about how best to support and motivate students — questions that both the product and student success communities have long struggled to answer.
As our team grows, we’re looking to hire a second Product Manager and increase our focus on two essential user groups at the core of our impact: Educators and Internal Users.
Educators: We are on a mission to make higher education more equitable. Our web application helps educators at our partner schools learn from quantitative and qualitative data, understand the value of mentorship, and improve their students’ experience. By innovating on our web application, inventing new tools and features, and empathizing deeply with educators, you will drive key business-level metrics and help our partners create change within the institutions.
Internal Users: Relationships are at the core of MC’s 70+ college partnerships. You will build and iterate on tools to empower our partner success team, the people who bring a human touch to our mentors, mentees, and educators.
- Design and conduct experiments to drive KPIs around partner experience/renewal, internal user efficiency, and more
- Review academic literature and work with leading behavioral psychology researchers to translate hypotheses into experiments, and experiments into new insights about what helps students succeed
- Interview users and synthesize findings
- Work directly with a team of 2-4 engineers to ideate, validate, ship, assess and iterate on features
- Communicate with stakeholders across the company, from the cofounders to the sales team, to ensure that your learnings about our users inform everything we do
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- 3-5 years of experience working in a product role
- Experience in a small, rapidly-growing team
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Working at a startup
- Building B2B products or designing experiences for users in higher education, or for customer success teams
- UX design
- Data science
- Content creation
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Student loan benefits
- 401k benefits
- Centrally located office (downtown crossing) with free office gym access
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work remote while traveling, ability to set work from home days/schedule
- Annual salary increases beyond the cost of inflation
- Flexible professional development budget
- Quarterly 360 feedback sessions
- Parental Leave after one year (8-weeks paid for primary caregivers, 2-weeks paid otherwise)
- MBTA transit perk
- Annual compensation includes a combination of base salary, commission, bonus, and equity.
Apply: To help us manage the high volume of interest on AngelList, please send inquiry emails with a resume and coverletter to George Boyar at email@example.com
You are welcome at Mentor Collective!
We mean it when we say everyone deserves a fair shot at success. Mentor Collective welcomes any and all people, embracing their age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation and expression, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, nationality, culture, religion and perspective. We want to create an inclusive and equitable work environment that reflects the very students and universities we serve.