Join our Winning Team as a Product Manager – Business Directory
CARFAX is one the most trusted brands in automotive. For 35 years, we have been helping people shop, buy, own and sell used cars. We continue to innovate and build world-class products that millions of people use every day. CARFAX is growing faster than ever, and as a part of our growth, we have expanded our product management team into Canada! We’re creating a new product team from scratch that will be on the ground floor of designing, developing and launching our new Business Directory product.
As the Business Directory Product Manager, you’ll apply your product management experience to connect our consumers to our thousands of partnered dealerships and service shops across the United States. You’ll orchestrate teams of talented and passionate engineers, analysts, researchers, and designers to bring our new Business Directory product to life!
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Lead the creation of Carfax’s Business Directory product to drive web traffic to our Dealership and Service Shop partners
- Lead cross-functional teams; including engineering, project management, design, analytics, seo and user research – in the ideation, UX design, technical development, and launch of innovative products.
- Make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data. Deeply understand used car shopper needs, pain points, and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features that aligns to company goals.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building data-driven consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Translate your product vision into detailed functional specifications that deliver on the jobs to be done.
- Define metrics that inform the success of your products, monitor performance in real time, and determine a product roll-out strategy based on quantitative and user feedback.
- Understand CARFAX’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- To be located full-time in our office based in London, Ontario Canada
- 5+ years product management with a experience working on a directory/listings product (preferred).
- Strong experience incorporating SEO strategies into the product strategy.
- Ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development. Preference for working knowledge of design thinking methodologies and principles.
- Demonstrated track record of building consumer products that users love and drive high-impact results.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias toward action and customer focused innovation. You thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You work proactively rather than reactively.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills – able to manage stakeholders up, down, and sideways.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity.
- Proven ability to push forward on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead to team success.