Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution.
We defined the market for online language learning, and today our product is available worldwide across multiple platforms. Our customer base is broad, diverse and passionate about language learning.
We’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn, and are looking for the best talents in the industry to get us there!
You’re a natural champion for the user, and move with ease between the worlds of business, technology and consumer needs. You’re a communicator, versed at leading cross-disciplinary, international teams in solving real-world problems and needs. If you’re a strategic thinker with a knack for details, an entrepreneurial self-do’er not afraid to get your hands dirty to get a job done – we want to hear from you!
In return, we offer fantastic opportunity to evolve within a dynamic and fast-growing environment. And, of course, you’ll be working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people.
This is a full time role, based in the heart of buzzing Berlin, Germany.
– Scope, define and drive the evolution of Babbel cross-platform product experience based on user needs and requirements
– Define, manage and execute product roadmap and release schedule, acting as partner between engineering, marketing and business development to ensure that deliverables are understood, projects and features prioritized and successfully delivered
– Own product backlog as Product Owner, and specify product requirements using user-centered, experience-driven specification methodologies such as user flows and BDD-styled user stories
– Work in Scrum Teams with engineers, design, didactics, data analyst and user research team in understanding, defining, executing and measuring new product opportunities
– Determine best methods to test potential solutions and gather feedback including market analysis, competitive benchmarking, identification of partner and consumer needs
– Influence the product strategy with other seniors and directors and manage key strategic initiatives – if required across multiple teams
– Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus and creating buy-in on priorities leading to product execution
– Work closely with marketing and business development to position and promote products as well as develop partner strategies
– Minimum 7 years product management experience with demonstrated ability to drive product decisions, lead cross-disciplinary teams and timely delivery of outstanding products
– Strong product and service with the ability to construct both big-picture and detailed roadmaps advocating stakeholder needs and business impact
– Extensive experience and skills in gathering requirements, understanding user needs, defining functional specifications in the form of BDD-styled user stories, wireframes and user flows to communicate your ideas to design, engineering and operational teams
– Proven skills in defining and upholding product and design frameworks, ideally with experience in designing platform solutions
– Well-versed and highly experienced with in agile product development philosophy and processes
– Proven track record in the end-to-end delivery of cross-platform solutions on time and within budget
– Proven creative problem solving and analytical, innovative mindset
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in fluent English, both written and spoken
– Ability to lead multiple, interdisciplinary and international teams to drive internal consensus and common goals
– Highly organised, self-motivated worker with entrepreneurial passion and ability to effectively multi-task
– Ready to coach and manage less experienced product owners
– BONUS: Knowledge and experience in education, health or other related areas
– BONUS: Startup, entrepreneurial experience.
– You will change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
– A great product and highly motivated team that wants to push boundaries
– Potential within a fast growing team with long-term prospects
– A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
– A vibrant international team from over 25 different nationalities
– Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
– Great company benefits (High-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks, Hackathons etc.)