Fixed Term 9 months
Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson’s can feel like.
Your mum, son or friend. Anyone can get Parkinson’s, young or old. Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson’s – a progressive neurological condition. It causes problems in the brain and gets worse over time. Currently there is no cure.
We’re close to major breakthroughs. Funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day.
Until then, we’re here for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Fighting for fair treatment and better services.
We are Parkinson’s UK. Powered by people. Together we’ll find a cure. Join us.
About the role
As Senior Designer and part of the charity’s in-house Creative team, you’ll bring our brand to life through print and digital design, to reveal the realities of living with Parkinson’s. You’ll push boundaries and develop high-impacted cross-channel content, based on audience insight and fresh creative ideas.
This is a fantastic time to join the team as we implement a dynamic brand, with lots of opportunities for creativity and visual storytelling.
What you’ll do
- Lead on key creative projects, designing standout print and digital content delivering against a clear brief and goals
- Support the Creative Lead in ensuring a strong visual identity, which considers the needs of people with Parkinson’s and brings our brand to life
- Manage, on a project basis, partner agencies and freelancers to produce and deliver highly-effective, targeted cross-channel content
- Push forward the creative development and expression of the brand identity through high-impact cross-channel content
What you’ll bring
- BA level design qualification or equivalent with strong experience of delivering hands-on design across print and digital channels in line with brand guidelines
- Experience of Adobe CC software packages, including Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Animate
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present engagingly about your creative concepts and ideas
- A motivated, proactive, and engaging style and ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
Closing date: 10/03/2020
Interviews will be held on 18 March
Parkinson’s UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.