Who we are
Our mission is to connect the global food supply chain on one platform and we want you to be a part of that.
We are building the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. Our company has the potential to reduce food prices, decrease food waste by 30% and reshape one of the oldest and largest industries on the planet.
We started the company in March 2018, validated product-market-fit and are now growing rapidly in the United States and Europe. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero).
We have just raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history. We are now transitioning from an MVP team to a fully-fledged Product & Design team.
We have a modern tech stack (serverless, Node.JS, native mobile apps, React, GraphQL) and a seasoned engineering & founder team. We offer you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and earn equity in one of Europe’s next unicorns while it is still early-stage.
Our Product, Design & Tech teams are based in the beautiful city of Berlin (Kreuzberg) and we need successful candidates to relocate here.
Join us in building the next unicorn in Food.
What you will do
Technology and a superior user experience lie at the heart of our business. Hence, we are looking for a Product Design Lead who can take on a leading role in our product development.
- Champion excellent UI & UX design standards
- Craft, maintain and provide guidance on style guides, UI kits, and design systems
- Conduct user research at appropriate intervals so that customers validate key design decisions
- Ideate and co-design with a broad cross-section of the company in a positive and collaborative manner
- Willingness & ability to share experience, insight & skills with the broader Choco product team & to mentor mid/junior designers
- Have the opportunity to grow with the company and increase your amount of responsibility and ownership over time.
The ideal candidate brings
- 4+ years of product design experience
- Strong background in mobile design and functional design
- Strong experience with designing user flows, IA, and UI across platforms
- You can present design work confidently to stakeholders, building trusting & collaborative relationships
- Previous experience with interface, experience and interaction design
- Strong aptitude across the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools (Flinto or similar)
- Fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
- The ability to elegantly distill the complex into the simple
Problem solver who sees constraints as an opportunity rather than a limitation
- Previous experience in the gastronomy/food industry is a plus.
What we offer you
- Build a product that will reshape the global food industry
- Become part of one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups and grow with the company
- When you’re doing a great job you will always have the opportunity to take on more responsibility and grow professionally and personally
- Move fast, no blockers, no bullshit. You will be unhindered and empowered to deliver the best work of your life
- You will work on meaningful and challenging problems with smart people who care
- Work with the newest technologies and tools
- Our company culture is everything to us. We have built an international community of friends who inspire each other every day to achieve greatness
- A large sunny & spacey office in the heart of Berlin
We look forward to getting to know you.