This key junior position in the ICIS Energy Product Management team supports the ICIS Energy Product Director in delivering customer insight and supporting innovation in the energy portfolio area. The role would be well suited to anyone looking to build a product management career in the global data and information services industry.
Working closely with teams in our Technology, Sales, Marketing and Content, this position plays a pivotal role in defining and delivering new product initiatives.
• Research and validate customer needs in order to obtain a clear understanding of customer value perception within the ICIS competitive environment.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and validate solutions to customer problems and market opportunities
• Support the development of business plans that set out the development approach, commercial positioning, go to market strategy, investment and return for new product solutions.
• Present business cases to relevant stakeholders to secure sign off and endorsement of new product development proposals and commercial goals. Work with functional resource holders to specify and deliver resources required for realisation of commercial goals.
• Ensure effective execution of product launch strategies. Monitor, assess and report on the product level financial performance of the business area portfolio, as well as tracking and reporting other key performance indicators.
• Conduct regular market segmentation and penetration analysis in order to support go to market strategy planning and business reviews.
• Lead competitive analysis exercises in order to articulate and maintain competitive advantage.
Key Skills Required:
• Ability to manage a product development process from ideas, through to concept development, product build and launch
• Market research capabilities including quantitative and qualitative analysis, to validate and support product design and go to market decisions
• Requirements management and project management, including cross-functional working
• Exceptional communication and facilitation skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships
• Development of commercial business plans
• Curiosity, inquisitiveness and creative thinking
• Experience in customer engagement and research, along with a proven ability to distil insight into actionable conclusions
• Demonstrable commercial experience, ideally gained in a B2B information services background
• Demonstrable product launch experience
• Knowledge of energy markets, including key customer personas
ICIS is the world’s largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Milan, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Yantai, Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
– Pension Scheme
– 29 Days Holiday
– Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
– Life Insurance (4x salary)
– Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
– Competitive Salaries