Community Care, Sutton
Community Care, the multi-award winning information service and website for social workers, is looking for a product manager to join our talented team.
The role involves working across a free-to-access community site that provides news and jobs (communitycare.co.uk), and two subscription-based sites providing practice tools and expert advice (ccinform.co.uk and adults.ccinform.co.uk).
The Community Care product manager is at the cutting edge of developing our products to ensure a high quality user experience, which in turn drives customer and commercial gains.
The successful candidate will lead on digital and technical innovation across all our products, implementing an ongoing development process to continually refine and improve everything we do.
Are you passionate about great user experience, talking to users and getting feedback from customers? Do you love creating great products that users love? Do you like solving problems, finding solutions and innovating?
In this fast-paced role you will set up and run a product development group to help drive Community Care’s next phase of growth.
You will implement a system to collate a wide range of research, user feedback and customer intelligence, using this to create a product roadmap. Taking the lead on developing and prioritising change requests and product developments, you will enjoy project management and working with a wide range of stakeholders.
Community Care is a high performing team. We have record-user engagement and reader satisfaction scores and have won numerous prestigious awards for our innovation in the digital-only era.
We value personal development, flexible working and a good work-life balance.
1. Working closely with the publisher, content, sales and marketing teams you will bring together the needs of the business and customers to maintain and build products with a great user experience.
2. Research and validate customer needs drawing on a wide range of information – everything from metrics to user interviews. You will create a system for ensuring intelligence from across the group is used to continually improve products.
3. Set up and run a product development group. Ensure there is a clear roadmap in place for product improvements, taking the lead on developing and prioritising change requests and new technological developments.
4. Drive constant improvement and better solutions to customer problems.
5. Offer ongoing advice and support to translate content and product requirements into what’s technically possible. This includes ensuring everything we do is beautifully designed and presented to ensure the highest quality user experience across all platforms.
6. Oversee and develop all the systems that feed into our products to ensure everything is running smoothly and meets business and customer requirements. This includes access and entitlement systems, WordPress and various analytic packages.
7. Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including RBI Technology’s central platforms team, RBI’s Viper (access and entitlement) team, sales and admin teams – escalating issues when necessary.
8. Managing the technology budget and ensuring the necessary technology infrastructure and systems are in place to allow Community Care to deliver its business objectives.
9. Managing the web producer and freelance web designer.
10. Continually keep your digital and technical skills up to date to ensure the web and content teams are kept abreast of the latest technologies and use this information to improve everything we do.
Key skills required:
• Understanding of product design and user experience best practice.
• Project management skills.
• Research skills – able to assimilate huge amounts of information including qualitative and quantitative data.
• Ability to translate customer requirements into product requirements, design solutions to customer problems and understand and pull together requirements using user stories.
• Strong organisation and interpersonal skills.
• People and management skills.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Development focus – someone who loves learning and finding out new ways of doing things.
• WordPress skills also a bonus.
Reed Business Information provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
– Pension Scheme
– 29 Days Holiday
– Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
– Life Insurance (4x salary)
– Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
– Competitive Salaries