Our aim is simple – we want to build the strongest design team in Berlin.
Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution. We defined the market for online language learning, and we’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn.
If you’ve got a passion for designing truly outstanding products, along with the portfolio to back it up, we want to hear from you. You’ll be an integral part of an interdisciplinary, international team with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects from learning through games to shaping habit change.
In return, we offer fantastic opportunities to learn and evolve within a dynamic and fast-growing startup. And, of course, you’ll be working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people.
This is a full time role, based in the heart of Berlin’s buzzing Kreuzberg district.
– Change the way people learn. Your ideas will impact the way millions of users experience a new language.
– Design to delight, as well as to serve. The actual needs of our users are at the core of every decision we make at Babbel.
– Design in an agile environment. You’ll collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to find innovative solutions to our users’ problems.
– Teamwork. You know that good teamwork is essential to shipping the best experience possible. To that effect, you’ll be a strong communicator with the ability to inspire others and elevate design across the company.
– Continuous curiosity. You’ll keep yourself informed of the latest design and tech trends in order to adopt new ideas as opportunities arise.
– A strong and diverse portfolio. Show us what you can do. Ideally, you’ll have examples of designs produced at various stages of the development process. Please note that we are unable to consider applications without an attached portfolio.
– A minimum four years of experience designing mobile apps in an agile environment.
– Strong prototyping skills at various levels of fidelity.
– Strong visualisation skills and a keen attention to detail.
– Digital design tool expertise – Sketch, Photoshop etc.
– The ability to transform business goals and product requirements into clear, intuitive and user-focused experiences.
– Excellent communication skills in English.
– A pragmatic approach, along with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
Knowledge or experience in education, health or other related areas is not required but would be advantageous. Motion design skills would also be considered a plus.
We offer you:
– Regular social events, from ‘Beer O’Clock’ to spectacular summer and Christmas parties.
– Continual learning opportunities, whether via formal training, “brown bag” meets, hack days or initiatives that you define.
– Flexible working hours, so you can experience everything Germany’s most lively city has to offer.
– A truly diverse work environment: the Babbel team encompasses more than 28 different nationalities and includes linguists, teachers, engineers, designers and more.
– Learn a language: aside from access to all of our online courses, you’ll be eligible for on-site English and German courses.
– Arrive in style: each full-time Babbel employee is eligible for a custom-built Babbel bike. Those that live further out can opt for a public transport pass instead.
– Give the gift of language: free Babbel codes for your friends and family.
– All the tea, coffee and Club Mate you can drink.