Everyday Health Professional is seeking a Senior UX Designer to lead user experience design for MedPageToday.com in New York.
MedPage Today is a leading medical news and continuing medical education site for healthcare professionals. Our medical journalists are a trusted and reliable source for clinical and policy coverage that directly affects the lives and practices of health care professionals in the US.
This person will have a key role in setting the creative vision for MedPage Today and establishing design practices. As a UX designer on our team, you’ll be engaged in all stages of the product development process working closely with product managers, developers and business stakeholders. From discovery, design, prototyping and user testing, to measuring the impact of your work, you’ll play a vital role in improving how medical professionals use MedPage Today.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the UX and UI design of a new MedPage Today homepage and content landing pages
- Create wireframe, user flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs for new features and feature enhancements
- Use your knowledge and application of various generative and formative research techniques to offer up UX solutions that help delight our users
- Explore our content strategy / IA and propose changes that enable users to find content and navigate our site better
- Work with our development and product teams to establish a design system (component/pattern library) with an eye towards streamlining our development processes and creating a consistent design language
- 5 – 8+ years of UX experience in an online media or online content publisher
- Expert knowledge and experience with responsive web, social and content-rich products
- A portfolio demonstrating design sensibilities, UX principles, and research-driven thinking for web applications. We’re interested in your design process as much as the finished work
- Experience as a data-driven designer participating in usability tests, working with A/B tests, and analytics tools
- A curious and motivated self-starter who can communicate their design decisions effectively with our product, development, editorial, and marketing teams
- Detail and results oriented, able to ensure that design components are consistent and contextually relevant
- Up to date and knowledgeable about the latest trends, innovations and best practices in the interactive space
- Familiarity working with agile teams
- Fluency in UX design tools including Sketch and InVision
- Located in the heart of the West Village, surrounded by tons of great restaurants and
- Work in an open space with gorgeous views of the waterfront, just across from the Hudson River
- Excellent benefits including a matching 401k, discounted gym memberships and a generous vacation
About Everyday Health:
Everyday Health Group (EHG), a recognized leader in patient and provider education, attracts an engaged audience of over 46 million health consumers and over 780,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians to its premier health and wellness websites. EHG combines social listening data and analytics expertise to deliver highly personalized healthcare consumer content and effective patient engagement solutions. EHG’s vision is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant data and analytics. Healthcare professionals and consumers are empowered with trusted content and services through the Everyday Health Group’s flagship brands including Everyday Health®, What to Expect®, MedPage Today®, Health eCareers®, PRIME® Education and our exclusive partnership with MayoClinic.org® and The Mayo Clinic Diet.®
Everyday Health Group is a division of J2 Global Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM), and is headquartered in New York City