What is Relish?
Relish is the world’s first ever personal trainer for relationships.
HelloRelish, Inc. was founded in 2018 by an experienced entrepreneur, it’s financially backed by a top tier Silicon Valley venture firm and its first product is an app called Relish. Relish uses micro-learning techniques to deliver a customized relationship plan to make relationships more satisfying and more likely to last the distance. The Relish customer gets empirically proven advice, backed by a panel of expert advisors that is timely, tailored and – most importantly – action-orientated.
Walking the fine line between young/fun/engaging and highly authoritative, Relish aims to take the hard work out of relationships for people. We give time-pressed people little tweaks that make a big difference.
Already live in both app stores in the US & UK, generating revenue, and seeing significant traction amongst an impassioned user base, Relish is creating an entirely new category of Relationship Management.
We’re looking for an exceptional product designer to join our team. We’re proud to be building something that makes a genuine positive impact to our users’ lives. You’ll be an integral part in shaping our vision and bringing it to reality.
Your main role as a product designer will be helping us with our mobile apps, and we’re a start-up at the start of our journey, so being flexible and happy to take on other responsibilities as well is part of what we all do.
The ideal candidate will have experience designing mobile apps across platforms (iOS, Android). You’re confident talking to users for their insights, you’ve worked closely with engineers in the past and you help to drive features from concept to completion.
How will you do this?
You’ll be working with the whole team on features from ideation to release, always striving for improvement and for moments of delight for our users.
- Helping translate ideas, concepts and requirements into designs and features, always thinking about the future possibilities and working with the team to break down problems into deliverable iterations (MVP and beyond).
- Refining our visual & interactive design language
- Being smart with your design – creating reusable components to create a consistent experience for our users, other designers and engineers
- Analysing feedback, talking to our users and coming up with idea for improvements
Who Are You?
- You’re driven to succeed and can roll with the fast pace of start up life
- Experience working as an in-house product designer is ideal, but we’re open to all levels of experience.
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a cross-functional team.
- You listen to feedback and you value it, and you can communicate your reasoning clearly when presenting work.
- You can meaningfully articulate your own feedback.
- You love things to look great, but you’re driven by problem solving and delivering a great user experience.
- You have empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints, business goals and make pragmatic decisions based on the information at hand.
- You can show us previous work with detailed examples of thoughtful interaction design.
- You’re a top notch user of Sketch / Figma or similar. If you have experience with motion design or illustration we’re even more excited to meet you.
- An understanding of the differences between designing mobile applications and mobile web.
- You are flexible; we’re a young startup and you’ll be designing lots of different things.
- Being well organised with a good attention to detail is important to you, but you don’t let process hold delivery to ransom.
What Should You Expect From Relish?
- Competitive salary, benefits and employee option scheme
- Opportunity to work in an exciting new venture backed tech startup with a female founder who has previously built a household name consumer technology company
- Flexible working
- Based in Edinburgh, with the opportunity to travel to NY (we have an office there)
- The equipment and software to help you execute your day-to-day
- Full holiday allowance (24 days + bank holidays)
* Links to your previous work are essential. Ideally you will show examples of work from the very start through to the happy end.
If Relish sounds like a place where you can achieve your best work so far, then get in touch.