We know great art has the ability to inspire people… because it inspired us. Avant Arte is part of a movement that wants to make art radically more accessible for our generation.
We got into art through rap lyrics and George Condo album covers, starting a simple online blog of all the artists we loved. That blog grew really quickly into the world’s biggest online community of young art lovers, with more than 1.5 million of our followers under the age of 35. We now collaborate directly with iconic artists to produce exclusive sculpture and print editions, as well as unique works on paper, for our community of collectors.
With engagement in line with the biggest youth fashion brands today and edition launches often selling out in under a minute, our vision is to help inspire a whole generation of millions of young people who love art like they love music and collect works like they build their wardrobe.
We’re a small team with really big ambitions, both for what we want to achieve and also the environment we’re building. We want to create a company that remains thoughtful and kind as we scale and that tries to be genuinely progressive in how we operate; we want people to really own what they do and be given the autonomy and freedom to make mistakes, learn, and create something meaningful.
We all really care about what Avant Arte is here to do so, to be totally honest, we work incredibly hard – we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements.
WHAT WE NEED
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to strategise and define our roadmap, and build products that help Avant Arte become the definitive brand for the next generation of art lovers and collectors. Working closely with our Cofounder & CEO, as well as our Marketing Director and the wider team, you will also be critical in helping us place real product DNA at the core of the business.
We really do encourage everyone to proactively step outside of their job description if they see something that could be improved but the core of your role will involve:
– Working with people across the business, customers, audience and other stakeholders, to define the requirements of our product strategy and the optimal roadmap to achieve it.
Accelerating, enabling and managing the development of our product – across design, engineering, QA etc. – initially pulling on freelance and agency resource and then building our internal team.
– Working closely with our Marketing Director to build acquisition funnels that help migrate Avant Arte followers on Instagram to our owned digital channels and onto becoming collectors.
– Using analytics and other forms of user research to get under the skin of audience behaviours and develop actionable insights.
– Developing hypotheses for products to be tested and driving these experiments from ideation to analytics.
The main skills we’re looking for are:
– Product vision and strategy: the ability to originate product vision that transforms our business. You will always guarantee that users remain at the heart of our strategy and product process.
– Commercial clarity and focus: the experience to understand our business model and clinical assessment of the role our product roadmap will play in hitting our commercial and wider business goals. You are comfortable analysing data, building models and ensuring that product decision-making is grounded in a conscious combination of art and science.
– Product leadership: the drive and talent to build and inspire a team, enabling them to prioritise, sequence, and focus on the highest impact work. You are comfortable building compelling cases for investment into product, grounded thoughtfully in an understanding of business RoI, and communicate this thinking to the wider company.
We think you’ll probably have:
– 6+ years of product management experience – you’ve built and
launched successful product before and have demonstrable learnings that can help us shortcut mistakes.
– An ambitious and entrepreneurial mindset, perhaps even as an ex-founder yourself – you have grown a product function from scratch before, getting your hands extremely dirty along the way.
– Experience of both building in-house product teams and also
managing freelance and agency resources to deliver world-class, timely results.
– The self-starting drive and energy to take proactive ownership – you have exceptionally high standards in everything you do, big and small, and thrive in environments where you’re given lots of responsibility and freedom.
– A curious and creative mind – you’ve got an insatiable thirst for learning and never stop asking questions about how things work or how they could be better.
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – you are comfortable managing a range of different stakeholders as well as explaining complex technical issues to non-technical people
It would be a huge bonus if you also had:
– Experience of converting online community (especially third-party audience) into owned users and customers, at scale
– An understanding of limited supply and excess demand dynamics, as well as launch or product drop models.
– Experience of building product around luxury consumer psychology and behaviours.
– A technical background, with a degree in CS, engineering, physics, maths, or equivalent.
– You’ll get to be part of building one of the fastest growing tech companies in culture, backed by early investors in companies like Skype, Farfetch, Glossier & Facebook
– We offer competitive salary, equity & holiday allowance, as well as flexible working hours
– We have a learning & development budget for every person at the company