This is a Contract position with a duration of one year.
Working with the CDHI Group Product Manager, the Product Manager will help re-imagine the digital care delivery experience, and be responsible for driving solution design and implementation across UCSF’s large care delivery network.
Works with a diverse set of stakeholders to identify, define, and scope solutions that drive digital transformation at UCSF Health and the healthcare ecosystem. In particular, focus will be on how to improve the digital patient experience, from access and finding care to ongoing care management.
The manager will work most closely with Project Manager, Product Designer, Data Scientist, and with CDHI’s Clinical Informatics, design, and technology resources, with UCSF’s Clinical Systems team (responsible for our Epic EHR), and clinical practice staff. Manager will own and extend two digital product roadmaps supporting referrals workflow automation and enabling Patient asynchronous communications and self-scheduling to improve Patient access by identifying the most pressing problems impacting UCSF patients and/or practices, prioritizing the user and practice opportunities, and developing scalable solutions to these advanced and complex business, customer experience and technical issues.
Conducts research, developing a thorough understanding of the customer’s needs, new technologies, and trends in the market, and develop new software product concepts, designs, and/or enhancements to existing product design to meet their identified market and user requirements. Given one of the key jobs to be done by practice staff is to determine a patient’s urgency, condition and preferences from vast amounts of unstructured and structured data and match that patient to an appropriate provider(s) at the right time, will also work with Data Scientist to define opportunities to leverage machine learning algorithms in the products.
Solutions will include a mixture of optimization, customization, and implementation of our Epic electronic health record (EHR), partner solutions, solutions co-developed with technology partners, and custom in-house developed solutions. Given our Epic EHR is central to Patient access and care, the Product Manager will work to extend and leverage it when solving Patient problems. When solutioning with non-Epic products, ensure they are securely integrated and the user experience is harmonized and rationalized with Epic.
Leads one or multiple projects of small to medium scope, size, impact and budget. Gains empathy for user personas, problems, and needs, and to hypothesize, test, and measure product concepts. Works with the Group Product Leader to align the organization on the product(s) strategy(ies) and roadmap(s) and partner with multi-disciplinary teams on concurrent product development ranging from minimum viable products (MVPs) to medium product releases of diverse scope, size, impact and budget.
Continuously evaluates when it’s time to pivot, persist, or double-down on their product. Responsible for driving and monitoring the key performance indicators and measurement plan that define success for each product. The manager will have demonstrated experience of product managing B2C or B2B digital products, and the ideal candidate will have experience working with an Epic electronic health record.
- Five years knowledge and experience working as a product manager successfully launching and achieving outcomes for B2C, B2B, or portal digital products utilizing digital product development concepts, practices, standards and processes such as design thinking, lean product management, product strategy and roadmap development, user-centered design, agile and waterfall product development, data integration and product adoption
- Three years experience setting and using product KPIs and adaption metrics to drive evaluation and decision-making
- Two years health care experience
- Two years experience identifying opportunities for partnering with data scientist to launch product features based on machine learning algorithms
- Two years working with various customer communication channels including SMS, email, phone, in person
Bachelor’s Degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
- Strong oral communication skills to effectively convey and explain information
- Strong written communications skills to draft clear, concise documentation, reports and specifications
- Ability to lead, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among project team, internal and external constituencies
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations
- Three years working as a product manager partnered with a user centered product designer
- Three years working with customer service CRM and workflow systems
- One year working as a product manager in an agile development process
- Working knowledge of people change management concepts in a complex organization
- Working knowledge of web behavioral analytic tools such as SiteImprov, Google Analytics and MixPanel
- Working knowledge of product management and design collaboration tools such Figma, Mural, In-vision, Lucid Charts, Smartsheets, Jira, Confluence, Box
- Working knowledge of implications and ability to meet privacy, legal and risk requirements and achieve product goal outcomes
- Understanding of Epic Cadence and/or MyChart